AdWords
5.8K members online now
5.8K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords made unauthorized credit card deduction and offered no answer.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I halted my campaign in April this year due to poor performance.

In October, to my horror, I discovered that Adwords has been billing me since. Yes, even when no services were rendered. At that point, they have already taken more than USD 1,200 from my credit card account. As the credit card was used solely for this purpose; I have auto-debit arrangement with the card-issuing bank; and I signed up for electronic statement, I did not even realize what they were doing, had I not conduct a check last week on the same card, for an unrelated purpose.

You see, what frightened me more wasn't the money deducted, but Adwords response - rather, the lack of it. From my past experience, it's very difficult to talk to these people, with communication usually one-sided. While I have confident getting my money back (I have the records showing the campaign termination), I wasn't sure if they would stop deducting, and when. And because of that, I had to make the painful decision of cancelling the same credit card last week.

And evidently, I was right. I wrote to Adwords a couple of time since and received no response to date. Instead, they wrote and informed me yesterday that they could not deduct from my credit card and I should solve it immediately. **bleep**?

I guess when an organisation gets too big, effective communication suffers.

Now that my bank has stepped in, it's interesting to see how Adwords would response, how fast, and if any.

Re: Adwords made unauthorized credit card deduction and offered no answer.

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 2
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi TrustAsiaSG,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I will connect you with the AdWords support team and they'll be able to help you with your charges. Here are details to our support channels should you need them in the future. You can reach the support team via phone, chat or email based on the country you live in.

Thanks,

Zee
G+