AdWords
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords is prompting us to use a credit card but we've been approved for a Google Grant

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a question about the billing process for Google Adwords. We've been approved for a Google Grant through the Google for Nonprofits program. We've built a campaign but when we try to launch it, Adwords doesn't give us the option to use credit from the Google Grant - it prompts us to use a credit card to pay.

I've attended a Google for Nonprofits Adwords seminar and the leader confirmed that this was an issue that needed to be fixed on Google's end. I haven't been able to get in touch with the seminar leader and the Googhle call-in customer service center only helps with paying customers.

We'd love to use this product, but have been stuck for months now - please help!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords is prompting us to use a credit card but we've been approved for a Google Grant

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

I've never managed a Google Grant account but my suggestion is to enter a credit card. If you have a grant, it should never be charged. I suspect the system just wants a way to confirm who you are so use a credit card of your organization. That is, issued to your organization's name, address and phone number so that it matches what you gave Google.

Re: Adwords is prompting us to use a credit card but we've been approved for a Google Grant

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello;

The best would be to ask this question our colleagues at the Google grants support forum;

https://www.google.com/nonprofits/help/resources.forums.html?place=forum/grants

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi CommunityServ,
No, you do not enter billing information. Once you do, you turn it into a paid account and you will have to start all over again from scratch.

Please see the Google Grants Account Creation Guide for additional information for proper account set up. 

If you need additional Google Grants assistance, please follow MosheTLV's advice and follow up with me on the Google grants support forum.

All the best,
Robert
Google Grants TC