AdWords
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords charged my credit card FOUR TIMES and still shows account inactive for billing information

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My credit card xxx005 was charged four times of Rs.50 each time to activate my account. My account still shows it is inactive due to billing information not provided. 

How can it charge unlimited times for a single account to be activated. 

When I try to call google in India, and enter my customer id,

Customer ID: xxx-xxx-xxxx

the answering machine tells me to browse the help topics to troubleshoot my issue!

Please suggest what to do.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Extra charges

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Srishti

Please remove any personal ID from your post, since this is a public forum.

We do not have access to your account to check the charges. The best would be to call Google customer service.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Extra charges

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Srishti

Please remove any personal ID from your post, since this is a public forum.

We do not have access to your account to check the charges. The best would be to call Google customer service.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Adwords charged my credit card FOUR TIMES and still shows account inactive for billing informati

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Shrishti, 

The same thing happened to me Thrice. Rs. 50 x 3 = Rs. 150 was charged to my Credit Card. Also Rs. 2 deducted from CC on the same day when i created an account. However, my ad is not yet LIVE as it is more than 48 hours already passed.

I have not yet contacted customer care. Have you contacted Adwords on following number: 1860 266 6622 ?

Let me know if you find any solution.

Re: Adwords charged my credit card FOUR TIMES and still shows account inactive for billing informati

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi, Google Charges a Service tax and Miscellaneous charges for the payment amount. It charges approximately Rs.50 for every Rs.500 payment. Hope this answers your question.Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have registered for the google adwords and while at the end of the billing section, I entered the credit card information to the account. There was a pop-up saying that Rs2 will be credited from my card as part of a verification. I cancelled the option, but my card was charged Rs50. 
I want to know the reason for this and also I want to make sure that Google does not take money from my credit card again.