AdWords
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords account temporarily suspended due to payment. Paid off the balance then told...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have an Adwords account with just under $300,000.00 total spend. I do client work for Addiction Centers and recently a bad client who I decided to stop working with thought it would be a great idea to charge back $11,700.00 on their credit cards and Adwords of course put up no fight and refunded them the money. Since it was such a large amount I had to wait a little while to build up the funds to pay it off myself. In the process the account got "Temporarily Suspended" due to billing issues. I pay off the balance and immediately get an email that my Ads are now able to run. But still the account is Suspended. So I file several tickets (they all get answered at very odd times by the way. Sunday night at 9pm, Monday at 1am, ect). It turns out one of my previous clients had a separate Adwords account with a balance on it that they have now tied to my account. After arguing and trying to explain that it isn't my account it is one of my former clients accounts, they finally suspend my account permanently with no reasoning. The other account wasn't in my name, wasn't my credit card, wasn't ever logged in on my IP address, the phone number to recover the account wasn't mine. Completely ridiculous. So not only did I pay off 11,700.00 on this account but they still banned me for somebody elses account. The worst customer service I have ever dealt with. Reps with google were telling me to go in and change my billing profile info and that would "fix" it, they even made me create a brand new account just to speak with anybody over the phone. It was such a horrible experience. I spent 300,000.00 with them and didn't even get a rep. What is even more silly is we were prepared to spend 200k a month with them beginning in August. Must be nice to be able to ban someones account at 9pm on a Sunday night with no explanation through email who has been very loyal to them. Companies depend on Google for business and something like this could cause us to have to file for bankruptcy.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords account temporarily suspended due to payment. Paid off the balance then told...

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Tim;

Billing issues are complex and require access to the account in question. This can be done only by the support.

I understand  the frustration of the situation, but we can't help much on this platform;

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Adwords account temporarily suspended due to payment. Paid off the balance then told...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I don't understand why someone who spends this kind of money with Google can't get any help from them outside of an Indian at 2am through email.