AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords account suspended for billing violation etc...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everyone,

I have 13 accounts in a MCC account that I don't use anymore. I can't unlink them from the MCC as there is only user on the accounts is the MCC email address. The biling details in all of them are out of date. Could this cause a biling violation?

If it could, is it safe to have the same card in 13 different accounts? Will that be another billing violation?

Thanks in advance,

Patrick

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords account suspended for billing violation etc...

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello PatrickRoss;

this is a nice question....

It was asked in the past,  and the question was referred to Google;

Here is Goorle's  answer;

>>"Regarding using the same credit card to pay for different AdWords accounts, if the clients are completely unique and there is no reason for our sytem to suspect foul play, it should be fine."

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Ad-Approvals-and-Advertising/adwords-rules-regarding-voucher...

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Adwords account suspended for billing violation etc...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for replying Moshe!

So here's my problem then. I set up the seperate accounts instead of setting up campaigns in one account. I was very new to adwords when I did this and didn't know what I was doing. The 13 accounts are really 13 different campaigns. That means that they have the same site and same credit card, but different keywords. I can't delete the accounts as I don't know the passwords to the login emails (they were from 2006). I can't remove my email from the accounts as I'm the only user. 

What I've done

I've deleted the campaigns from the individual accounts. I've unlinked those accounts that I can.

How can I resolve the situation?

As you guys probably know Google won't tell you what the billing violation is. Given the details above, is there anything obvious that will incur a violation and what can I do to sort it out?