AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Payment Issue in Egypt using credit cards

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

A lot of banks in Egypt have recently blocked Adwords payments using credit cards as Adwords ask to be paid in foreign currency (GBP) and there is a big shortage of hard currency nowadays. I hope responsible people at Google will find a solution for Egyptian advertisers to pay in the EGP (local currency).

2 Expert replyverified_user

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi there,

Thanks for posting to the Community. I would recommend sending this feedback through the official AdWords feedback form here so that the Billing team will see it: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/176378?hl=en

Cassie

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Nosteroids,

The fact that banks in Egypt have recently introduced restrictions on payments towards Google do indicate a weakness of the local currency which often leads to serious issues with convertibility. I, for one, do not expect Google to take this specific risk as they are usually not involved in large-scale foreign exchange transactions. In plain English I mean Google is not a bank.

My 2 cents.

Best,

Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks.
I already have notified official AdWords team and they told me that they are working hard in order to find a solution for the advertisers in Egypt

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Glad to hear that. Exceeds my expectations.

Lakatos