AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Express - changing from automatic to manual

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is not a coincidence that every single action on Adwords Express works.....EXCEPT for the change from automatic to manual. This is not a browser, ISP, OS, or any other user-level issue and please don't badger me that it is. Why can't people change the form of their payments without contacting a representative? The only answer that comes to mind is money, can you convince me otherwise?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords Express - changing from automatic to manual

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Sean,
This is standard.

Before you can make the switch, you'll need to pay your account balance, as well as any additional costs from your account from the last seven days. This ensures that your ads keep running once you're on manual payments.

For example, if your current balance is $20 and your costs from the last seven days is $50, you'll need to make a payment of $70 in order to switch to manual payments.

After you've paid your current balance and the additional costs from the last seven days, contact AdWords Express support to complete the switching process.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What is the point of the option bubble, when it will give you the error regardless? It would make more sense to display: To change from automatic to manual, please call Google ect.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Switching forms of payment can make it easier and more convenient for you to pay for AdWords. You can always switch between available postpay options or between available prepay options at any time. However, you can't switch from a postpay option to a prepay option, or vice versa.

You can find more details here:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3122375?rd=2

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Let me quote myself above, "What is the point of the option bubble"?