AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Account Disabled Permanently Used A Google Coupon

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Ok so I have had the same gmail account for years and a few years back Google sent me a coupon for a 100 dollars to be used in adwords, so I was like ok cool great and I put it in there. Then forgot all about and don't even care to use it at this point in time...anyways I log into the Adwords acccount and see that my account has been disabled due to suspicious behavior in the payment activity....all I did was add one of their cards years ago and this happened.

It reads as follows.

Your account is suspended - We've identified suspicious behavior in the payment activity of this or your other AdWords accounts. To help prevent any unauthorized activity, we suspended your AdWords accounts. Learn more

I added a credit card thinking that could be the problem and wrote them to unsuspend my account so I could run an ad. The wrote back and said they would not blah blah blah so I was like ok and told to submit an appeal again.

I did just that and today got an email saying that they would not reinstate my adwords account and that it was in violation and instructed to not even try setting up another account as it would be disabled.

Furthermore when I go to the appeal site I get this as a big red notice

Your account is suspended because your billing information can't be verified. Learn more

So I am getting two different warnings and confused as all hell thinking that I needed to add a card so I did and nothing and no explanation as to how or why....I never had to beg someone to take my money nor a huge corporation.

So take this as a warning if you every get the free 100 credit to use for your adwords account just don't use it it will get your account suspended is all I can think of.

I would really like to hear from Google them selves but I am almost positive that will not happen.

Whats your input on this and do you know how to fix it so that maybe others who read this that have the same problem can fix it before they submit their final appeal and get totally shut out of adwords for life. 

For the record when I did put my card on file they where able to do a pre authorization charge so my card did verify.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords Account Disabled Permanently Used A Google Coupon

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello there;
Have you submitted this form?
https://support.google.com/adwords/contact/pf_suspended

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Yes did you read what I posted I did that two times.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
It was not clear from your post whether this specific form was filled in. If it did, and was rejected twice, due to billing, nothing further we can help.
Sorry.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Right so I am leaving this open to see if Google would like to say anything about this matter. What is stated above is my understanding of what happened as I never do anything with the billing other than put my card in the other day...I have since removed it..seeing though my account has been banded for no apparent reason... and to warn those who get the 100 dollar towards awards the glitch in the system.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Somewhat similar problem: https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Billing/AdWords-Account-Money-STOLEN-from-me-Susp-acc-w-fake...

Haven't used any coupons at that time. Filling out the forms does not help at all. Although the topic got some attention recently, the problem still remains unsolved.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Ahh man this is such bull I cant even do Youtube ads! Come on adwords support please look and read this!

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Can you think of any other reason why they would suspend my account for the billing info such as this..?

Google Employee
# 9
Google Employee

Hi Coby,

Thanks for posting the additonal information regarding your AdWords account issue. Currently it looks like your account may be under review. Did you receive any updates from the AdWords Support team regarding an account review? Typically it takes up to 3 business days for an account review. If you have not received an update after the 3 business days, please feel free to contact me via this post. I can do a follow-up with the AdWords Support team for an update on this issue.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Yeah I did send an email and they said it was messed up so I sent another one and they said they won't reinstate it but, if they are looking at it again which would be the 3rd time and say they wont unsuspended it I'm going to bing and yahoo with my money and we all know well that stinks..everyone wants google and for good reasons Smiley Happy