AdWords
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Ads not showing after payment was cleared

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Recently I paused my campaign because I was unable to meet the projected payment amount until additional fund was credited into my credit card account. Anyway after the payment was made, my ads no longer being displayed.

The keywords maintain their quality score with the same landing page rating. The keywords status says "The keyword phrase doesn't currently trigger any of your ads"

I've contacted support in three different occassion but received no response from them. There's no notice anywhere the campaign was disapproved or my account is having problem. I've also re-entered my credit card info around two times but the problem persists

I've been running the compaign since 2004 (but stopped about one and a half year in 2008).

Any ideas how to fix this and why I don't get a response from support via email?

Thank you.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ads not showing after payment was cleared

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hmmm.

Let me ask around....

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 3
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Gombunan,

Could you please check your billing tab and see what is your status next to your credit card? Have you called the support team? What was ther explanation?

Best,

Zee

Zee
G+

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Theresa

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The status of the credit card is marked as "valid". I've entered a back up credit card yesterday and its status is marked as valid as well. I have not called the support team yet, am waiting for the support email reply first.. hmm will try to call them if there's still no answer.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

OK I've just called the support team. The staff recommended me to increase max CPC for individual keywords around 40 cents or so and asked to wait around four hours.

So I did that for all keywords and now waiting if the campaign starts running again..

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

OK I've done what the support team recommended. Eight hours later, my ads are still no show.. Smiley Sad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am having the same problem. I had to update my credit card details. I did this more than 24 hours ago, and my ads are still not running. I'm sure it's not my max CPC that is the issue - it is already very high.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gombunan
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I suggest you contact AdWords support by phone. I contacted them a second time and my issue was fixed within 48 hours.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 10
Google Employee

Though I understand this issue has been resolved, I wanted to point out some major reasons why your ads may be showing "The keyword phrase doesn't currently trigger any of your ads"

1) Your first page bid estimates are higher than your max cpc bids

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=105665

2) Payments can take several days to fully process. Just because we receive a valid pre-authorization from the bank does not mean ads will be eligible to run immediately

3) There can be up to a three hour reporting delay in the AdWords campaigns tab

4) Check the Ad Preview and Diagnosis tool for more details on specific keywords. If your ad is not showing on a specific keyword, it can give you a plethora of reasons why this might be the case. Ad preview only works for the search network; if your campaign is exclusively for display, this will not help

5) Consider a temporary increase in bids in the display network. This may help your ads win more auctions and is generally recommended for new ad groups

6) The combination of quality score and bid might not be enough to get your on the first page of traffic (as mentioned above). Work with your keywords to eliminate poorly performing words and increase bids on higher performing ones

Hope this helps,

Geoff