AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

[AdWordsHelp]

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My account got suspended for using a promotional code that was sent to me from Google. How do I fix this without going through their India-based customer support? They have not been able to help. They keep saying I violated their Promotion Code policy for reasons that are complete untrue or doesn't even make sense!

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
December

[AdWordsHelp]

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to the AdWords Community. It looks like your AdWords account has been suspended. In instances such as these, we're unable to pull up your account to troubleshoot the issue at hand. We’d recommend filing an appeal through this form.

If you’ve already done so, we’d recommend waiting for our teams to get back to you on the status of the appeal. Do note that we wouldn't be able to help troubleshoot this further on the Community.

Best,
Akhil

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
December

[AdWordsHelp]

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to the AdWords Community. It looks like your AdWords account has been suspended. In instances such as these, we're unable to pull up your account to troubleshoot the issue at hand. We’d recommend filing an appeal through this form.

If you’ve already done so, we’d recommend waiting for our teams to get back to you on the status of the appeal. Do note that we wouldn't be able to help troubleshoot this further on the Community.

Best,
Akhil

[AdWordsHelp]

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Akhil,

Your response tells me what I already know. Your recommendation is something I have already followed. I am asking community if they have been through this and have a solution. Your response is not any better than what I received from the India-based customer service. Maybe Google should look into that.

[AdWordsHelp]

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Jeremy,

The reply you received from one of our community managers, Akhil, is correct.

Please understand that you asked for replies from this community and someone has taken the time to provide you the only path forward with credible info and you respond negatively to them, which negates posting here at all. 

Kind Regards,

James

[AdWordsHelp]

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi James,

There is a flaw with Google Support therefore I have reached out to Community for a real solution. Is that not what Community is for?

The solution Akhil have offered involves using the same flawed process, therefore my response is negative.

Instead of telling me how to phrase my response, how about you focus on your own response and offer a real solution. And if you don't have one, I do not expect a response.

Thanks.

[AdWordsHelp]

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Jeremy,

Actually, the real solution was provided by Akhil as your issue cannot be solved by anyone in this community, which is why I replied. You actually do need support's help, whether you accept that correct answer or not. 

Also, your viewpoint about community assistance is not correct, since a community is designed to facilitate friendly conversation with replies being varied based on various factors, such as the user's expertise. If your communications to AdWords support lack the same simple courtesies as they do here, I would image your replies are compounding your progress forward. 

Kind Regards,

James