AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords trying to charge me for client account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Some years ago my primary email address was added to a client account to manage their AdWords buys. When that company was sold, I was not retained by the new owners. I never had financial responsibility for the bills.

However, that personal email address is now attached by AdWords to the the old company's AdWords debts. Attempts to reach humans at AdWords have not been successful.

I'd like to be able to advertise my business on my own account, but this AdWords error prevents that.

All attempts to solve this have been blocked by algorithmic responses, so I have not been able to reach a human at AdWords. Any suggestions?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: AdWords trying to charge me for client account

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Tony,
I feel your frustration.

Can you not contact the current owner of the account? Can you not log into it and remove yourself? (You must be the only person left assigned to that account and an account cannot have nobody assigned to it).

Have you tried calling AdWords support or using their live chat?
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/8206?hl=en&hlrm=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Chat does not work, since the account is in suspension. Telephone has the same issue.

Thanks, Dave -- Tony

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee
Hi Tony,

Are you able to get in touch with the company who have your email address still linked to their account? If they can remove your access to their account you should be able to have your own accounts reviewed and activated.

Let us know if you're still having trouble with this and I can get AdWords Support to contact you.

-Hannah

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I think I am the only remaining live email attached to the account, as the business is long gone.

-Tony

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

Thanks Tony, 

I have escalated your issue to our AdWords Support team. They will be in touch soon so keep an eye on your inbox. 

Let us know if you have any more questions about this. 

Thanks, 

Hannah