AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords billing - downloading invoices as CSV file removed...why?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

My colleagues and I noticed today that the invoices page on the billing section no longer allows you to download a CSV file of the invoice.  I've just spoken to someone on the Google helpline in Dublin, who's told me that the feature has been removed by the billing team.

I'd really appreciate it if you can explain why this has been removed, and would like to request that the feature is reinstated.  The CSV version of the invoice has more information than the PDF, it included:

Campaign-level spend breakdown

Campaign-level clicks

Click adjustments for refunds by PO

The PDF format only shows the total spent by PO with no click number or cost adjustment information.

By removing the CSV version, you are making the job of my team's monthly billing process significantly longer, as we have to include click numbers in our billing system.  This means we now have to go into each account (and we have more than 50) to pull click information by campaign type (search network, display network, Video search) at the very minimum to input this into our billing system.  Either that, or we have to run two MCC level reports to pull this data (one for search/display and one for video).

Can you see that we now have to do a lot more work during our montly billing run, when in the past we used to the 1 CSV version of the invoice for all of this information?  It saved us a lot of time each month.

Can you please reinstate this feature as a matter of urgency?  In the mean time, it'd be great to understand why such a useful feature has been removed.

Thank you.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: AdWords billing - downloading invoices as CSV file removed...why?

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Zak,

Thank you for posting on our Community forum. Regarding your AdWords billing question and request, I've forwarded them to our internal team. As soon as I get an updated reply, I will post it on the forum asap. Thank you for your patience and understanding on this matter.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello John Paul,

It turns out I was fed some misinformation by the rep I spoke to at Google. There was just a delay in the CSV file appearing. Apparently the PDF appears first and it takes a few days for the CSV to appear. I can now access the CSV files.

Thanks.

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee
Hi Zak,

Thanks for updating me with the new information on your CSV issue. I apologies for the confusion on my earlier reply but I'm glad you were able to get it resolved. Keep us updated if you have any more trouble with this but as you're probably aware, invoicing always has a bit of a reporting delay so it's always best to give it a few days to settle down at the start of a new month.