AdWords
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords account has been suspended because my billing information

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

few days ago I received an email from Google telling me that my AdWords account has been suspended because my billing information could not be verified. 

My situation is as fallows: Few months back I received another email from Google telling my that I've been given 100$ credit on   AdWords for being a Google Analytics customer. I've successfully signed up for Google AdWords using the promo code given in the email. I launched then a campaign on one of my websites, unfortunately the ad has been disapproved. Few days ago, I've launched a completely another campaign on a completely different website that I own, the ad has been successfully accepted and I actually ran the campaign for 2 days after that my account has been suspended.

This looks completelly strange to me, you give your users 100$ credit to use AdWords and then you block them by using it ??

Thank you

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Re: AdWords account has been suspended because my billing information

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello,

I would suggest you to write this issue to Adwords support team and see what they have to say on that:

http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/8206?hl=en&hlrm=en

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

It's unfortunate that your account got suspended. 

Can you tell us that the new campaign which you created for a different website; was that created in a new Adwords account or the account was same? And the websites you targeted were they targeting the same service/same product?

Do you have multiple Adwords accounts for similar business?

Did you cross check with your Bank regarding any payment request?

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello and thank you for your answer,

The campaign for my second website, that was approved, was created in the same account as my first (disproved) ad.

The targeted webiste in the second campaign was completelly different than the first one.

I have only one AdWords account. 

I didn't check my bank account statement because I didn't register any credit cards or bank accounts with my AdWords account.

Thank you.

Andrei

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello Andrei,

What payment method did you set with Adwords while creating the Adwords account?

Even if you have a promo code, you do have to submit the payment details for the account to get active. 

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

OK, so this might be the problem, because I didn't add any payment methods when joining AdWords.

Will my account be restored after I add a method of payment?

Thank you

Andrei

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello,

I would suggest you to write this issue to Adwords support team and see what they have to say on that:

http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/8206?hl=en&hlrm=en

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

wrote them and explained the situation. 

This is what they replied: 

While reviewing your account, we found violations of our AdWords policies in this or a related account. As a result, your account has unfortunately been suspended, and your ads will no longer run on Google.

This is insane. I'm already tiered of Google.

Thanks for help anyway.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hello,

Did you try including the payment method inside your Adwords account? As far as I know you cannot run your ads without any relevant payment method inside the account even if you redeemed a coupon. Adwords would start charging you once the coupon credit is used up.

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I did register a payment method 2 days before writing them the explanation email. I registered my credit card inside billing settings of my AdWords account.