[ Edited ]
ed Billing for Agencies
August 2014 - last edited September 2014
What is Consolidated Billing?
A billing system in AdWords that allows you to combine multiple account invoices into one single invoice. It will eventually replace MDOs.
Why use Consolidated Billing?
- Create, fund and manage your AdWords budgets without having to contact a Google representative each time, even for new accounts.
- More control over how your invoices are structured e.g. one invoice for everything or multiple invoices per brand/division/country etc.
- Improved invoices that show spend for multiple accounts and are available for download in your account at the beginning of the month.
When will Consolidated Billing be available?
Accounts are migrating to this new format now and will continue to do so until the end of the year.
What do I need to do?
Carry on as normal until your AdWords account has been upgraded to the new system. You’ll receive a notification when this happens.
What is the difference between Standard (ALO/MDO) and Consolidated Billing?
Standard (ALO/MDO) Billing
- New ALO/MDO only available upon request from your Google rep.
- Invoices and billing setup options accessed through MCC account.
- Invoices mailed in the post or downloaded.
- All client accounts required to have an account level billing address.
- Accounts governed by an ALO/ MDO-specific Service Agreement.
- One Master Service Agreement to be accepted. Beyond which you can create budget orders in any account without the need to contact a Google representative.
- Invoices available for download at the beginning of the month. Email delivery option also available.
- Great invoice flexibility. Set up multiple invoices to suit your accounting requirements e.g. by client/brand/product/division/ category.
Re: AdWords Consolidat
ed Billing for Agencies
Hi All, here are the answers to your above questions!
"Will this allow users to set monthly budgets at MCC level rather than individual accounts?"
No. Budget orders will still be managed at the Client level. The main benefit here is that you will get one invoice per month with a breakdown per account, and you only have to pay Google in one payment (per currency)!
"But how do we pay? wire transfer or credit card?"
Monthly invoicing must be paid by bank transfer or cheque. This information will be provided at the bottom of each invoice.
"Is it applicable for all countries, or selected ones? "
This available for all countries where monthly invoicing is already a payment option, and you have an approved line of credit with Google!