AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords Billing

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I used the manual payment option to add $50 to my AdWords account and in my campaign settings had opted to spend $2.00 per day. In this way my ads could run for 25 days. However about 30 minutes after I had made the payment to Google, they said that my account balance was exhausted and I needed to make another payment. After a few hours I checked my campaign had received 2 clicks and 2665 impressions in less than 1 day. The ad was supposed to run for at least 20 days. How can Google use all of the $50 in 30 minutes?

The total cost written is $2.09. If the Ad started on 20 May 2016 how can the balance be exhausted that same day 30 minutes later?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: AdWords Billing

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Luqman,

How much amount you have assigned on Campaign as a daily budget?

Thanks,
Anand

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

HI @Luqman N, have you clicked through to the billing section to verify the actual costs, actual balance, and other details about the spend amount? 

To do so:

1) look in upper right hand corner and locate the gear icon (next to the notification bell icon).

2) click on the gear icon and when the menu opens up, click on "Billing."

Now that your Adwords account billing section is open, you will see enough data to understand more about your spend amount. 

> Under the blue box labeled "Make a payment" you will see some drop down menus.

Change them to:

All transactions | Detailed | Last 3 months

Now, go to the day in question and click on the blue words that says: Campaign activity: X clicks. This will further define more details about where the spend level went to. If you see a campaign drinking too much money, go to it (click Campaigns in the upper menu, top of the page) and adjust the daily spend level of the campaign. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Anand
I assigned $2.00 per day.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes I checked. It says that I last deposited $50 into my AdWords account and considering that i set $2.00 as my daily budget how did the funds get exhausted in 30 minutes?. Plus on the main page it shows that only $2.09 was spent on the campaign then where did the rest go?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

What alert is saying you spent the $50?

And where did the billing page say it was spend on?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

payment.pngcampaign.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have posted two screenshots of what I am seeing.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Everything looks fine in those screenshots and neither show that $50 was spent. And there is no red bar saying your account is having a billing issue or depleted of funds.

Do you know where Adwords is saying $50 was spent? Was it in an email alert or where?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

pay.png