AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords Ad Scheduling

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'd like to start a campaign on January 1, 2013. Can I pay now & set it up for a future start date?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: AdWords Ad Scheduling

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, you can set up a future start date using campaign settings, however I'm not sure if you can pre-pay or not.

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi

1. Yes you can pay now and start campaign later that wont be a problem at all

2. For help on how to set up campaign start and end date refer to http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2404203

Hope this helps

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Dotmine, personally, if I wanted to start a campaign on the 1st January, unless there were any procedural or physical reasons for not doing so (e.g. product not available, website not finished, etc.) I'd start it in a limited fashion before that date.

Why?  Because it's very very unlikely that your campaign(s) will run at their best from day 1.  You'll need to examine the data your campaigns gather, correct and adapt the settings, Keywords, Ad variations, etc. to get it working well - this can take weeks, sometimes months.  In short, if you don't run the campaign at all until 1st Jan, you may find the first week or so does not do well.

How important this will be - and how big the danger of such a problem - depends largely upon the nature of the advertising and your own experience and preparation, but it should be considered.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits