AdWords
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Ad isn't showing because your budget has run out

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I applied a $100 promotion code yesterday evening EST time(1/31) with a $25 daily budget. I credited my account $25 today (2/1) EST time so the $100 did not take effect until today, 2/1st. Google adwords campaign is telling me your Ad isn't showing because your budget has run out. I don't see any decrease in my account. I don't see how my budget run out. Account does not show me this and I only had 11 impressions and no clicks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ad isn't showing because your budget has run out

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Johnny S, 

There are a number of reasons why this could be happening:

1. Bear in mind that we don't apply the $100 promotion credit until the $25 credit you added is spent. The credit will automatically be applied so just keep an eye on your billing tab once you have met that $25 spend. 
  2. If you have a $25 daily budget and $25 credit in your account your ads should have been eligible to show but only once the $25 is showing in your billing tab. It can take 24hrs for our system to pick up on a credit card payment, if the payment was made by bank transfer this period would be longer. 
  3. The last thing that could have happened is a reporting delay: it can take up to 3hrs for clicks to report in AdWords. If there was a delay in reporting it is possible that your budget was in fact exhausted but you just didn't see the clicks appear in your account at the time. 

Do any of these explanations make sense for you? If you're still seeing this messaging and/or aren't getting any clicks then let me know and I can get someone to look into the issue further with you. 

-Hannah

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am having the exact same issue. I called google and the support there told me there working on the issue now.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'm have the same problem. Today I've had about 70 impressions, but no clicks. However, the balloons on my ads say they are not showing because my ($15/day) budget has run out. So I should wait 3 hours to see the clicks?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I just noticed 28 visits to my landing page, so I guess those mysterious clicks actually happened.