AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Ad code # DANEJ-DJPH4-VXPC Sorry, you are not eligible for this promo?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Why is the code not working? 

Ad code # DANEJ-DJPH4-VXPC 

Sorry, you are not eligible for this promotional code for the following reason(s): Your previous spend on Adwords Express.

Re: Ad code # DANEJ-DJPH4-VXPC Sorry, you are not eligible for this pr

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Isam T,

Generally the vouchers are only valid for new accounts under 14 days old so it sounds like as you have run advertising on adwords express it counts towards this timeframe and you are not eligible.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Actually, I found out about the real reason after calling with Adwords support. You need to spend at least an X amount of your own budget before you can activate the promo code. In my case this was € 25. That explains the 'Your previous spend..' in the error message. I think this is done to prevent people from creating dozens of accounts only to apply promo codes, so they'll never have to pay.

So try to apply the code again after you've spend some budget of your own and it should work.

Hope this helps more people, because two weeks ago there was not 1 result when I googled this specific error message Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

my offer code says get $200 when you spend $50. I paid $50, and then tried to apply the code, it didn't work!

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Do you have your account on prepay? Because paying $50 in advance to Google is not enough. The budget also needs to be spend on clicks.