AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Ad Extension Cost

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi. I would like to know if in my daily budget is included all the ad extension costs?

Or this ad extension cost is charged by google as an extra?

Thank 

Andre

3 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Andre A
September 2015

Re: Ad Extension Cost

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Andre,

There wont be any extra cost for clicks on ad extensions. Your total daily spend will be within your set daily budget.

The cost of clicks on ad extensions are set in the same way as headline clicks: the most you'll pay is what's minimally required to keep your extensions and ad position.

Please read the information under - What ad extensions cost

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375499?hl=en

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Andre

You Will be never charge over (Max CPC + Bid Adjustments), Whether User click in Ad Headline or in Ad extension. So Adwords include all cost in your define daily budget.

Adwords System does not charge any extra cost in click on Ad extension but you're charged as usual for clicks on your ad. The cost of Ad clicks are set ( CPC ) in the same way as headline clicks: the most you'll pay is what's minimally required to keep your extensions and ad position.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Many thanks!

Ad Extension Cost

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Last time I had Adword Extension I was charged one additional click if the ad was clicked and one or more extensions were clicked. This was about 9 to 12 months ago. I noticed I was charged for two clicks when only one ad was shown so I called the help centre and confirmed it. The help desk staff didn't even know this they had to check with back of house to find out.

It is a terrible system designed to get searchers to click on the AdWords instead of the generic search results, by taking up more room on the page leaving less room for generic searches and making them more attractive. And we get charged twice if they click on it more than once. The day is coming when the whole first page will be paid AdWords.

Ad Extension Cost

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

Hi,

AdWords charges no more than two clicks per impression for each ad and its extensions. 

Here is the Help file: About extensions and your actual cost-per-click

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Ad Extension Cost

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

For now. How long do you reckon it will be before they charge for three clicks, then four? Not only that but each year it gets more and more expensive.

Ad Extension Cost

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies since it is from 2015.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.