AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Actual Billing Cost (minus invalid click cost)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I recently ran a campaign and in my reports it said that the total cost was $992.59. this figure shows up in every report screen. However, Google have only billed me for $976.77 (and there is $0.00 left to be billed for). There were 24 invalid clicks in the campaign, so I am assuming that the difference is the cost of these invalid clicks (that I haven't been charged for). 

Is there a way, apart from going into the transactions report in the billing section, that I can see how much each campaign is actually going to be billed for i.e. the actual cost billed (which includes the amount not charged for invalid clicks)? Because I need to bill my clients for exactly the amount that google charges me, surely there is an easy way to see this figure for each campaign?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Actual Billing Cost (minus invalid click cost)

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi there,

This might happen because of the billing cycle as well. If you're using CC with automatic payments, you'd be charged as per the billing threshold or whatever is due after 30 days from the previous charge.

You can check invalid clicks under dimensions by manually adding the column, but these are filtered clicks which aren't charged. In this case, you don't have to deduct invalid click charges, unless transaction history shows credits for invalid clicks.

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Re: Actual Billing Cost (minus invalid click cost)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your reply Sumanth. I'm aware of the billing cycle with the CC, as there as one payment for $500 then another for $476.77 with $0 remaining left to be charged...so the imbalance is not due to this. The problem is to do with the overspend by google adwords (which is normal) for a given period.