AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Account suspended

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi, 

I need some help for an account that got banned, I am not quite sure what caused the ban but I can definitely see mistakes from my point that could have caused the ban. I would like to correct them and get the account reinstated.

The Suspension

two weeks ago I started a account for a dentist located in the uk (I am located in Germany). Without thinking about it, I set the billing location to Germany. After the initial coupon value was used up, I tried to add the billing information of company - located in the UK. That of course didn't work since Google was expecting a German company.

I therefore started a new account set in the UK. This ran for about a day and the whole account stopped working. It was suspended. The client got some email that the account was suspended without any details as to the reasons why. The two accounts were never running at the same time. 

Looking over the adwords policies, I thought it might have to do with the following issues: 

The landing page doesn't conform with their policay - on the landing page is says: "Performing Cosmetic Dentistry Miracles" - maybe Google doesn't like the use of Miracles. 

The Ad also uses this description line: "Performing Cosmetic Dentistry Miracles"

Two accounts with the same destination URL - however in this case, the accounts were not running at the same time. 

Actions taken so far

1. I removed ever mention of the word "miracle" in both the website and the ads. 

2. same for the ads. 

I sent an E-Mail to Google but the answer wasn't positive.

I now deleted the first account and sent them a new email. 

Anybody got further ideas for me? 

3 Expert replyverified_user
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Eric (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Account suspended

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

You should call to Google. They will help you faster.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello adhummer;

You outlined a few possible reasons for the suspension. Let's go through each one:  

1. "After the initial coupon value was used up, I tried to add the billing information of the company" - You must submit/ provide billing information before  being able to redeem / exchange  a coupon. This sentence of yours, needs some clarification...
  2. Having two accounts for the same business is a clear violation of the double serving policy, even though,  the two accounts did not run simultaneously.
  3. "Performing Cosmetic Dentistry Miracles" - The policy requires to set realistic goals. "Miracles"- by definition - is not realistic... :smileywink:

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

KhanhLa is dead right.  You should call the Google support number.  For this kind of account-specific question, you'll get help much more quickly that way because you won't have to wait for multiple email round-trips but can just ask and answer questions in real time.

A few random comments:

• "Performing cosmetic dentistry miracles" is probably borderline.  Personally I'd rate this as marketing-speak rather than an unsupportable "miracle cure" claim.   People trying to sell miracle cures almost never use the word "miracle"; they use lots of pseudo-scienctific babble instead.  It's clear (to me) that someone offering a dentistry "miracle" is speaking metaphorically rather than promising that God will come fix my teeth.  But I can see how a reviewer might think it violates the miracle cure policy.  If they did think so, that should cause a disapproved ad or at worst a suspended site, not a suspended account.  If your whole account was suspended then I doubt this was the issue.
  • I think Moshe's suspicion that this was a double serving violation is the most likely.  However I think we're supposed to warn people before we do that -- or least last time I wanted to suspend an egregious violator with 15 accounts the Policy team wouldn't let me without warning them first.  But it's possible a mistake was made.
  • Like Moshe, I'm confused about the coupon thing.  An account shouldn't serve ads without billing info, even if you're starting with a coupon.  Did you try to use coupons on both accounts?  If so, you might have been suspended for "coupon abuse".

In any of those cases, a phone call to support is your best chance to get it resolved.

Even if the problem is already fixed, please post back here and tell us what happened, so future advertisers with similar problems can see what you did to get yours resolved.

Laura

AdWords engineer

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Adhummer

It's difficult to be 100% sure of the reasons without looking at the account/site/emails etc. but based on the  fact it's a dental site I would assume the suspension is due to some content on the site/ads that doesn't adhere to their policies.

I would recommend completely going through the site and account and removing anything that could be causing issues - any mentions of drugs, prescriptions etc.

Google are very strict about this sort of stuff and it can be innocent stuff on the site but it is worth going through with a fine tooth comb.

Also, the fact that you have deleted/ created new accounts won't look good to them.

My advice would be to go through everything, remove anything that could be at all against policy (or even mentions things that could be against policy) and then speak to Google.

Even then it may not work as they often don't let people that have broken the rules (or they've deemed them to) once back.

Sorry there's not a more positive reply but try the above and speak to Google, and keep your fingers crossed.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers

Kane

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

You should call to Google. They will help you faster.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello adhummer;

You outlined a few possible reasons for the suspension. Let's go through each one:  

1. "After the initial coupon value was used up, I tried to add the billing information of the company" - You must submit/ provide billing information before  being able to redeem / exchange  a coupon. This sentence of yours, needs some clarification...
  2. Having two accounts for the same business is a clear violation of the double serving policy, even though,  the two accounts did not run simultaneously.
  3. "Performing Cosmetic Dentistry Miracles" - The policy requires to set realistic goals. "Miracles"- by definition - is not realistic... :smileywink:

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

KhanhLa is dead right.  You should call the Google support number.  For this kind of account-specific question, you'll get help much more quickly that way because you won't have to wait for multiple email round-trips but can just ask and answer questions in real time.

A few random comments:

• "Performing cosmetic dentistry miracles" is probably borderline.  Personally I'd rate this as marketing-speak rather than an unsupportable "miracle cure" claim.   People trying to sell miracle cures almost never use the word "miracle"; they use lots of pseudo-scienctific babble instead.  It's clear (to me) that someone offering a dentistry "miracle" is speaking metaphorically rather than promising that God will come fix my teeth.  But I can see how a reviewer might think it violates the miracle cure policy.  If they did think so, that should cause a disapproved ad or at worst a suspended site, not a suspended account.  If your whole account was suspended then I doubt this was the issue.
  • I think Moshe's suspicion that this was a double serving violation is the most likely.  However I think we're supposed to warn people before we do that -- or least last time I wanted to suspend an egregious violator with 15 accounts the Policy team wouldn't let me without warning them first.  But it's possible a mistake was made.
  • Like Moshe, I'm confused about the coupon thing.  An account shouldn't serve ads without billing info, even if you're starting with a coupon.  Did you try to use coupons on both accounts?  If so, you might have been suspended for "coupon abuse".

In any of those cases, a phone call to support is your best chance to get it resolved.

Even if the problem is already fixed, please post back here and tell us what happened, so future advertisers with similar problems can see what you did to get yours resolved.

Laura

AdWords engineer

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Moshe,

Thanks. I did set up the account originally it my name and started running it. When I wanted to switch to the other person, it didn't work cause he was located in the UK and Google AdWords only accepted German addresses, hence my attempt to duplicate the account.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Laura,

Thanks for you reply, it doesn't quite answer my questions but it does give some invaluable insight into the issue.

I did use a coupon on both accounts. I will call Google and hopefully learn the reason for the suspension. How much information can the support hotline give me? Can they name the exact reason for the account suspension?

Thanks for your post.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

This was btw the email received from Google:

We periodically review accounts for security purposes and to verify billing information. As a result of this review, your account and any related accounts have been suspended, and your ads are no longer running on Google. If you believe your account was suspended in error, please contact us through the AdWords Help Center.

Community Manager
# 9
Community Manager
This 2012 thread has been closed to new replies.