AdWords
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Account suspended, have now added moeny

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I work in the HQ of a franchaising company and set up many different accounts for new franchisees. We have had 4 different accounts suspended last week due to using vouchers on each account (MD set them up) and Google classing them as the same company.

I am now adding credit card credit onto each account, even though the remaining value of the voucher is still on there - what are the complications here? How do i get voucher credit removed so the money showing is just our money? Or should I bet setting up brand new campaigns under the login details? The acocunt is still showing suspended.

Thanks

4 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Account suspended, have now added moeny

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello pcpalwales;

There is some misunderstanding here,

You used multiple accounts for the same business, as well , apparently, violating the coupons terms and conditions.

Once suspended you cannot advertise with Google,anymore. It's not a question of "whose money is it" : When violating the Policy - Google removes you from the game....

I am sorry, but it seems that we cannot help you with un-suspending your account.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

No we are not the same company. Each franchise that sets up is a new seperate company - but i set up the adwords account initally from here and train each franchse on how to use adwords. They then go of and do what the like with it as a such.

But we are not 1 company/same business. There are over 20 of them who all have their own accounts.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi pcpalwales,

I am afraid but as Moshe said, suspended accounts are no longer valid for advertising on Google. Please refer to this article where Google talks about this critical issue.

You are saying that all Companies are separate and not the same entity. Did you actually talk with Google Adwords Sales Team before creating accounts for those franchisees and letting them know about the whole business?

Last call is from Google and you might consider writing them for detailed explanation.

Just a thought!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

Not talked with Google adwords - we have been creating acounts for new franchise businesses over a number of years and when I joined a few months back i followed the process that the HQ had always done. 

Not sure what to do then if these franchisees cant have adword campaigns then!

Very strange.

Thanks for advice

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

Hi pcpalwales,

To me this sounds like an edge case.  We do have some large advertisers who use multiple accounts for different parts of their businesses.  I haven't heard of any that use individual account for each franchise, but it might be a legitimate use case.

You definitely did violate some AdWords policies, though:

1. Creating multiple accounts without clearing it with AdWords support in advance.  We need to know when an advertiser has multiple accounts for their own management purposes, because we have to 'link' them so we'll only show ads for one of the accounts at a time.  (Also so your accounts don't compete with each other and drive up the bid prices.)
  2. Using coupons / vouchers in multiple accounts.  Each advertiser can only use one.

So technically the suspension is legitimate.  Still, I would suggest contacting AdWords support and pleading your case.  If you offer to get all the accounts linked and to stop using the vouchers, and if you can convince them you did this out of ignorance and not intentionally, they may be able to help you out.

Laura

AdWords engineer

Community Manager
# 7
Community Manager
This 2012 thread has been closed to new replies.