AdWords
5.7K members online now
5.7K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Account suspended for billing details? Doesn't make any sense.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Advertising with Google has been one of the most stressful experiences ever.

I have emailed/spoke to live chat reps countless times and asked them 'Why is my account suspended?'. They say I've violated T&C's, but they can't tell me anymore. I need to fix the 'problem'. (The same problem they refuse to tell me about).

Inside my account, it says nothing about T&Cs, it says in a big red message 'your account is suspended as we could not verify billing details'.

I checked with my card company and Google never even tried to charge me.

What am I supposed to do?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Account suspended for billing details? Doesn't make any sense.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;

Could you share web site URL?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sure, it is www.serversreview.net

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Have you had a past Adwords account?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

No. But I did purchase this domain name, it was previously someone elses website. (I have receipts and proof that this has only been my website for last few months).

Could it be that this website has a bad history when it was owned by someone else and now I am suffering the consequences?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Correct;

If a site was suspended in the past, it must be fixed before you can advertise again;

The good news is that you can fix it; the bad news- you'll have to work hard for that; Smiley Surprised

A worse case is if a user "releases" / sells a domain that violated the policy and has no control over it anymore. The account will not be unsuspended until the site is fixed, even if the account owner has no control over it.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your help - but how do we know for sure that this is the problem in my account? Is still says 'we were unable to verify your billing info' at the top of my screen. I'm thinking it could be something else because there's very little wrong with the website. I don't see anything that needs fixing on it.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

I am referring the case to Google asking to recheck;

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 9
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi markjames1

I was informed that the AdWords Support Representative sent you communication on your account issue. Please check your mailbox for more information.

Thank you,

Zee
G+