AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Account suspended because billing information can't be verified

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

After adding my company debit card to automatic Billing, creating a campaign several days later, 3 days of advertising and 2 successful card debits from google later my account is suspended with a message about suspicious activity in billing, then the next day a message stating billing information can't be verified.

I filled in the online forms, provided details, asked if there is anything else they require or anything else I can do and appealed but 5 days later I just get an email with the same initial message saying account suspended due to suspicious billing behavior and I should re-read the T+Cs?

The re-read the T+Cs and after entering the billing country and currency I could not find anything in Google Ireland's terms regarding verification of billing details?

My local and regional adwords offices have only automated messages, nobody has called me or written to me (except email repeating original suspension category).

My card is not lost or stolen and fully registered and functional so I have replied again providing a scan of the card (details partially redacted), scan of the company certificate, scan of a recent bank statement (details partially redacted) and scan of company memorandum of association for confirmation. These documents clearly verify the billing details and I await their response.

My question is, if these official papers are still unsatisfactory can I ask why, and what options would be left?

Would visiting a local office with my details help?

Would changing from Automatic to Manual payments help? (Bank transfers is fine also but I don't think thats an option in my country)

I know google adwords are a big global company but my budget is set at thousands of US dollars per month and it would be helpful to speak to someone to assist.

Any input is most appreciated.

Account suspended because billing information can't be verified

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I should have waited for adwords next reply before asking further questions?

No reply from adwords yet.

It would be most helpful if community members or staff could escalate the issue or offer any help.

Thanks.

Re: Account suspended because billing information can't be verified

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Adowrds have sent a reply:

We’ve confirmed that your account is in violation of our AdWords policies. Since this decision is final, the account will not be reinstated. Please avoid creating additional AdWords accounts, as they will be subjected to the same suspension.

Does this mean because they say they could not verify my billing details, the account will not be able to lift suspension, even if I enter alternative payment method or alternative billing details? That seems unusual? And I can't open a new adwords account because they will automatically not be able to verify my billing details for any payment method?

This seems very weird, like the automatic responses are not related to my case?

So far no staff or community here have any notes case in this forum too?

Any knowledgeable feedback would be good.

Re: Account suspended because billing information can't be verified

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Reading other peoples similar issues can anyone with experience tell me if I should pursue my case because some people write they have had success if continually request a call to verify billing details?

I have asked for contact from support but they never call.

What methods are available to contact support for this case?

Thanks.