AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Account suspended because billing could not be verified

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I received this email today after a few hours of creating my Adwords account

Dear AdWords Advertiser,

We periodically review accounts for security purposes and to verify billing information. As a result of this review, your account and any related accounts have been suspended, and your ads are no longer running on Google. If you believe your account was suspended in error, please contact us through the AdWords Help Center.

Sincerely,
The Google AdWords Team

I have reviewed the billing information and everything including the credit card number and the billing address is correct. Even Google charged my credit card $1 for the verification process I think and I was able to make another payment of $10 on my Adwords account but still the suspension reason is there.

I'm located in the US but maybe the website I wish to advertise is and Australian website and targeting Sydney Australia. But I don't think that would be the reason for not verifying the credit card information!!

Can someone help in solving this issue as same issue is happening with a few friends of mine and still no solution for it.

Re: Account suspended because billing could not be verified

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Brad A,

Following are numerous articles discussed in the Ad words Community forum and by reading through them i am sure you will find guidance upon the reason why your account and any related accounts have been suspended.

http://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=labels&q=suspended+accou...

George Gemenetzis
Don't forget to Star or credit an answer as an AdWords Accepted Solution if it helped you.

Re: Account suspended because billing could not be verified

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I already went through some of the discussions there but it didn't help. if there is something wrong with the billing information (although i'm sure it's correct cause I copied it from the bank directly) Google should give a specific reason or a guide on how to solve such an issue.

If they keep doing that with everybody and for my case I can't find a solution till now so how should I advertise on Google??!!...

Please someone give me an answer how to deal with this issue