AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Account suspended and don't know why-- please help!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I opened my account 3 days ago and yesterday i logged into my account and a message popped up "...account suspended because billing information could not be verified.". However, I have made a payment with the very card they state they cannot verify. In fact I have over 100 bucks in credit. Can you please assist? I am confused. I am very new and would like to know what is going on so that I follow all rules. I email customer support but I seem to get is the same "robotic" type email-- I say this because no matter what I ask I get the same response that I was suspended because of a violation of terms and conditions but no specifics. I'm about to give up on this but decided to try this because I truly need this and I need to know.
1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Maria D
September 2015

Re: Account suspended and don't know why-- please help!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Oh wow!  So we went from "we can't verify your billing information to I am running a scam?"  Not that it matters what you think, but I am not a scam artist--I am merely someone out of work that is trying to make a living until I can find a new job.  By the way, I found out the reason for my suspension was because affiliates cannot use adwords--I had no idea and obviously you did not either.  The things you pointed out had nothing to do with it.  For your future reference when others run into the same situation.

Ok, thanks for your your help.  Good look to you--have a wonderful evening.  

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;
Have you verified that your billing address (including street number and zip code ) match those on record with the credit card issuer?
Please share your website URL

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
HiMosheTlv, thank you for your reply--I was hoping for you as you have quite a reputation on this forum. :-)
So I verified my address, phone number and card information. Here's the URL... Www.icashloans.com

Again thanks a bunch for taking my post...

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again;

Have you verified compliance with al requirements of financial services section of the Policy?

There are many requirements to meet

(I cannot be more specific. Financial services is a "heavy section". It's beyond our scope to "dive into" a specific site to check it for compliance.)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi MosheTLV,

Thank you kindly for looking into this for me.  Frankly, it baffles me that such a large entity like Google does not provide better assistance to its advertisers or perhaps we, "little people" do not matter.  I have tried to contact Google support and all I get is the robotic type emails that seems automatic rather than "real" people responding to a spesific question.  I mean frankly for them to tell me that I am in violation of terms and conditions and not tell me what is to me very unfair, unprofessional, and frankly a sign of horrible customer service.  I have called their number and also a recording.  It's all good--I guess that's what happens in monopolies.  A company gains great power and they can get away with all these types of action.  I am not appealing a violation but rather asking to what the violation was so that I can rectify it.  Anyhow like I said thank you for your kind support.  I wish all the best. 

Respectfully,

Maria

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello again Marina;

Thank you for your post;

You are correct; Google does not disclose the Policy section that was violated. This issue has made many advertisers upset/ disturbed. These concerns have been brought to Google's attention. However, at least for the current time, Google is adhering to its practice. (I don't want to get into the details, but I, myself, questioned Google on this practice, and the answers I got were satisfactory, with solid arguments.)

So advertisers, have no other option, but to figure themselves the Policy section(s) violated, and the steps required for fixing. The method of doing this is by thoroughly going thorough all sections, (in particular, those relevant to the business), and to verify compliance.

I had another glance at your site:

• At the "about us" - I did not see a physical contact as required;
  • You are considered a short-term loan; - I did not see any reference to "potential impact on the user credit score"...(There is just a general statement. )
  • I did not see clear explanation about "implication of renewal". (Again, there is just a generalstatement...)

Etc..

There are probably more "apparent" violations, or I may be wrong (because of not looking deeper). But, this it the type of work to be done. To go through every single clause, and to verify a clear reference on the website. (Not an ambiguous or "wisecrack" language.)

-Moshe

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi MosheTLV,

Thank you! While I disagree with some of your statements and the way Google handles these matters, I understand it is their way, their company, and they have their reasons.  Now, since it is a shor-term loan site and I realize it is a risky business, do you know if google would reinstate my account for other business areas.  I make hair ties and hair bows that I sell and I'm in the process of creating te site for it.  Does this mean I am banned for good?  Even if I have other non-risky business?

Just wondering....

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

I answered a similar question earlier today:

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Ad-Approvals-and-Advertising/Account-suspension/m-p/135334#M...

Maria D wrote:

Hi MosheTLV,

.... do you know if google would reinstate my account for other business areas.  I make hair ties and hair bows that I sell and I'm in the process of creating te site for it.  Does this mean I am banned for good?  Even if I have other non-risky business?

Just wondering....

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Maria D
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Oh wow!  So we went from "we can't verify your billing information to I am running a scam?"  Not that it matters what you think, but I am not a scam artist--I am merely someone out of work that is trying to make a living until I can find a new job.  By the way, I found out the reason for my suspension was because affiliates cannot use adwords--I had no idea and obviously you did not either.  The things you pointed out had nothing to do with it.  For your future reference when others run into the same situation.

Ok, thanks for your your help.  Good look to you--have a wonderful evening.  

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

@Maria D;

I might have been misunderstood; I was meant in my link to the part of "cannot advertise with Google again", in reply to your question. No intention to imply that you are running a scam;

Sorry for that;