AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Account Suspension Due to Suspicious Payment Activity

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

So I created an account last week and after a day or two I got an email from google saying

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

We wanted to alert you that one of your sites violates our advertising 
policies. Therefore, we won't be able to run any of your ads that link to 
that site, and any new ads pointing to that site will also be disapproved.

Here's what you can do to fix your site and hopefully get your ad running 
again:

1. Make the necessary changes to your site that currently violates our 
policies:

Display URL: indiavisas.net

Policy violation: Site not working
      Details & instructions: 
https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6021546?hl=en#700

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I checked the site, and verified that it was up and it was working. We checked the adwords account and there were no notification or disapproved ads stating anything. I checked the ads themselves and it said that the billing information needed to be verified in 2-3 business days. I called google and I explained the situation. A support team member stated that the site was indeed working working and to ignore that email, that only the billing was going to be verified in 2-3 business days. Then I called billing to see if there was any information I needed to provide them with, and they said not to worry, the billing would be reviewed in 2-3 business days and to ignore the emails. I checked my emails this morning, and Google says they suspended the account because of suspicious payment activity.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

We've identified suspicious behavior in the payment activity of your 
AdWords account (customer ID xxxxxxxxxx) or a connected account. To help 
prevent any unauthorized activity, we suspended your AdWords accounts and 
stopped your ads from running.

This suspension means that your ads in this account and any related 
accounts can no longer run, and you won't be able to open any new AdWords 
accounts. You can read more about AdWords' suspension policies at 
https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/164786?utm_source=policy&utm_medium=email&utm_campai...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There were no payments to google yet. And I made sure all the payment and billing information provided was accurate. I called Google and theres a recording that says they suspended the account after careful review and found that my account was in violation of adwords policy. I don't know what information is accurate. It seems that Google is not really being clear with the messages they're sending me. Is it the policy? is it the billing? is it that the site is not working? The adwords account says its billing related. But now I can't talk to google. I'm afraid they'll just not care and suspend us without really reviewing anything. How can I have Google really take a look?

Just a little background. My husband and I have started up a courier company and we are registered and authorized by the Indian embassy to assist travelers in obtaining and expediting their India visas.

Our site is www.indiavisas.net and we just got this site up and running.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Account Suspension Due to Suspicious Payment Activity

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi  @Martha M

Well... It does look (based on the sequence of events described) as a Policy violation with some history of non-compliance..

A deeper investigation is required here. This is beyond our scope, and the time we can allocate (as volunteers) on the community.

I would recommend, though, to systematically verify compliance of every section of the policy. Review and verify compliance of each clause;
Work with your programmer to verify compliance of all other sections of the Policy;
The recommended method is to work section by section, and verify compliance. I agree it is not an easy task Smiley Surprised

Only then - you can resubmit your site;

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
MosheTLV thank you for your response. We don't have a person that has experience with policy compliance. Is there a service, company, or google department that handles this? We're really confused about this suspension. Also, the history of non-compliance worries me from what I've read online. Are we being blacklisted?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Moshe?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Martha M;

I am not sure I understand the question....

The Policy help resources can be found  here:

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6008942?hl=en

The next step us to  systematically audit   your site,  verify compliance of every section of the policy. Review and verify compliance of each clause;
Work with your programmer to verify compliance of all other sections of the Policy;
The recommended method is to work section by section, and verify compliance. I agree it is not an easy task...
Only then - you can resubmit your site;

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’