AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Account Suspended for "suspicious behavior in the payment activity"...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My client was indeed the victim of fraud (last week). This is why a new, temporary card was activated on his AdWords account.

Here's the truly frustrating part:

The last email I have from Google says "Ads are now running"; this email is from 6 days ago -- no further communication from Google AdWords.  I logged in to the account yesterday morning and saw no warning message. I did, however, see impressions/clicks yesterday; I'll assume the account was active 24hrs ago. Upon seeing the suspension message this morning, I immediately called Support, entered his Client ID and listened to a looped message saying the account has been suspended. The call then disconnected. Having no luck here, I emailed support and am waiting for a call back (live chat is unavailable). Deciding to check the Community, I see multiple references to "call Support" in answers from Googlers to similar issues. This is a great policy, but calling support is a dead end.

Summary: I appreciate Google's actions to prevent fraud, but my client is the victim of fraud -- not the violator. I also appreciate the multiple resources we as Advertisers have to find solutions, but when the solution is "call this number" while the number is built to be a dead end, frustration ensues. I have a responsibility to my client to manage campaigns and generate work. Waiting a business day or more to have this resolved while being forced into an email rather than a live conversation, is very frustrating.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Account Suspended for "suspicious behavior in the payment act

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello there;
Please copy / paste here the suspension email received from Google;
Do not include any personal info (e.g. Email, CID...)

Also, please  share the URL in question.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I just received this email from Google:

"We've identified suspicious behavior in the payment activity of your AdWords account (customer ID ****) or a connected account. To help prevent any unauthorized activity, we suspended your AdWords accounts and stopped your ads from running.

This suspension means that your ads in this account and any related accounts can no longer run, and you won't be able to open any new AdWords accounts. You can read more about AdWords' suspension policies at https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/164786?utm_source=policy&utm_medium=email&utm_campai...

If you believe that your account was suspended in error, please contact us through the AdWords Help Center: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/8206?contact=1&utm_source=policy&utm_medium=email&utm_camp...

Sincerely,

The Google AdWords Team"

I don't believe the URL is relevant to the suspension as the account was suspended due to payment activity.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

We do see cases in which the email sent by the system is about billing, while the suspension is due to landing page violation. (Don't ask me why....)
My "feeling", since the ads ran for some time, - after you had entered the new card - is that the suspension was due to a landing page violation.

So, if you'd like us to  try and find the root cause in this case, the URL is needed.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Just finished a chat session with Support...I can confirm that this was not due to a landing page violation but was due to the separate bank account fraud issues. I appealed the suspension and am awaiting their response. I'll keep you updated. Thanks Moshe.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Great! I am happy the issue is resolved. Good luck with your campaigns.