AdWords
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Account Suspended for Billing

Badged Google Partner
# 1
Badged Google Partner

I was approached by a company that indicated their account was suspended due to billing and they don't know why.  

Now, usually I assume it's a scam and they want to try and launder through an account.  They did not request this and I didn't have the sense they were.  Talking with them they had just started the account, had not had other account suspended, and just seemed confused.  I asked various questions but found nothing in particular that would have caused problems.

The account had just been opened, they had done a few days of ads and been billed once, then a couple days later were shut down. 

I'm curious how to find out more about the situation.  

My sense is it's not a scam situation. 

Thanks for any thoughts. 

Colin Donohue
Root Deeper Marketing

Re: Account Suspended for Billing

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Usually the issue comes down to problems with the card being used on the account? Has this been checked.

Usually reasons for account suspension are detailed within the account and also by email.

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner
"Your account is suspended - We've identified suspicious behaviour in the payment activity of this or your other AdWords accounts. To help prevent any unauthorised activity, w"e suspended your AdWords accounts"

Pretty vague. The first payment seems to have gone through fine.

Colin Donohue
Root Deeper Marketing

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@Colin D

If you've been given access via your MCC, I would go ahead and call in for clarification. I'd explain that this new prospect/client passes your "smell test" and you are trying to help them. The same thing happened for a new attorney client of mine about a year ago. Turned out it was just an error, and the suspension was reversed quickly once I got someone on the phone.

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner

Yeah, I almost did but I don't speak the language of the account country location so asked client to. -- <edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

NOTE: This post has been edited by a Community Manager - per Community Posting Guidelines - in order to remove contact information which was most likely due to an email or mobile footer. Please be sure to remove this information in future replies.

Colin Donohue
Root Deeper Marketing