AdWords
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Account Suspended due to billing verification Please Help.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, I was setting up an adwords account for my new business and within a few hours of me setting the account up I was notified that my account had been suspended due to billing verification issues.

I did change the billing address for my card the day i signed up for adwords and that could have been the reason that it did not post through.

It has been a week or so since I e-mailed google and there has been no response.

I was hoping someone on the adwords team, or one of the support staff here on this forum could help.

Thanks in advance.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Account Suspended due to billing verification Please Help.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;
Have you verified that your billing address (including street number and zip code ) match those on record with the credit card issuer?
Please share your website URL

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just double checked the account information, and in the adwords account there is a suite number, However in my bank account there is no suite number in the address. Is this a problem?

Here is my website

http://www.locksmithhollywoodcalifornia.com/

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My account number is Customer ID: 345-321-7965

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello;

The suspension of "locksmith" sites has been discussed many times on the Community. (Run a search for "locksmith suspension')

The main violation of "locksmith" sites is the absence of clear pricing plans.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok, I can easily fix that.

However, it seems that this was due to billing verification?

Also, Is there a reasonable way to re-submit any of this to get my account activated again.. From what i've been reading it is a process that takes months, and you're very unlikely to pass the appeals.

I guess I should've started the campaign AFTER I was finished with the website...

It just seems unfair to me that I would get suspended/banned immediately after creating this account.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hello again;

There are times when billing suspension email is sent though the reason is due to landing page violation. (Could be that there is also a billing issue).

On the Policy page you'll find instructions how to resubmit your site;

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok thanks...

I'll try and resubmit the site.

Do you have an idea of how long it takes google to review the site, if they even will...

or am I basically throwing a hope in the wind at this point.

I've just read many stories on this topic, most of them pointing in the direction of "Once you're suspended, there is a very very low chance of getting your site back up on adwords again"

Which again, being that I am a legitimate locksmith without any plans of scamming people or raising prices. I feel that this is unjustified.

(I am in fact trying to go against these scammers..)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We're making the changes that you have suggested and thank you for the information,

The other thing I was wondering was if you knew of any professional that we could pay to take a look at our website and help us be in 100% complete compliance before re-submitting the website to google.

We just want to make sure we are in compliance of all of the policy guidelines.

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

It hard to offer a service where you have no control on the results. Since Google does not reveal the reasons for suspension you could put a  tremendous work fixing the site, and the appeal will be  overturned...Smiley Frustrated