AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5K members online now
5K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Account Suspended due to billing verification Please Help.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, I was setting up an adwords account for my new business and within a few hours of me setting the account up I was notified that my account had been suspended due to billing verification issues.

I did change the billing address for my card the day i signed up for adwords and that could have been the reason that it did not post through.

It has been a week or so since I e-mailed google and there has been no response.

I was hoping someone on the adwords team, or one of the support staff here on this forum could help.

Thanks in advance.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Account Suspended due to billing verification Please Help.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;
Have you verified that your billing address (including street number and zip code ) match those on record with the credit card issuer?
Please share your website URL

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just double checked the account information, and in the adwords account there is a suite number, However in my bank account there is no suite number in the address. Is this a problem?

Here is my website

http://www.locksmithhollywoodcalifornia.com/

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My account number is Customer ID: 345-321-7965

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello;

The suspension of "locksmith" sites has been discussed many times on the Community. (Run a search for "locksmith suspension')

The main violation of "locksmith" sites is the absence of clear pricing plans.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok, I can easily fix that.

However, it seems that this was due to billing verification?

Also, Is there a reasonable way to re-submit any of this to get my account activated again.. From what i've been reading it is a process that takes months, and you're very unlikely to pass the appeals.

I guess I should've started the campaign AFTER I was finished with the website...

It just seems unfair to me that I would get suspended/banned immediately after creating this account.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hello again;

There are times when billing suspension email is sent though the reason is due to landing page violation. (Could be that there is also a billing issue).

On the Policy page you'll find instructions how to resubmit your site;

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok thanks...

I'll try and resubmit the site.

Do you have an idea of how long it takes google to review the site, if they even will...

or am I basically throwing a hope in the wind at this point.

I've just read many stories on this topic, most of them pointing in the direction of "Once you're suspended, there is a very very low chance of getting your site back up on adwords again"

Which again, being that I am a legitimate locksmith without any plans of scamming people or raising prices. I feel that this is unjustified.

(I am in fact trying to go against these scammers..)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We're making the changes that you have suggested and thank you for the information,

The other thing I was wondering was if you knew of any professional that we could pay to take a look at our website and help us be in 100% complete compliance before re-submitting the website to google.

We just want to make sure we are in compliance of all of the policy guidelines.

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

It hard to offer a service where you have no control on the results. Since Google does not reveal the reasons for suspension you could put a  tremendous work fixing the site, and the appeal will be  overturned...Smiley Frustrated