AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Account Suspended again for Billing information. Why now?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

This is now the second time my account has been suspended for billing. The fist time was when I first opened my account. I had to come on here and MosheTLV was able to get them to review it again or something like that and the billing magically got fixed.

Now a couple month's have passed, had a test ad running this weekend, was running for 2 days roughly and now this morning when I wake up, my account was suspended again for billing.

I have called my bank Chase to see why there was a decline to Google, Chase says there was never even a single attempt at charging the account yesterday or today on their records. They even went back as far as a month to see if there was anything and nothing. So how if there is no record can my account have been suspended for Billing information not being able to be verified?

I am honestly at a loss as to why again I am having the same problem. I have done nothing different. If I need to post more information please let me know and I will gladly. Not a great way to start the weekend, as I was planning on turning on a bunch more ads starting this weekend.

Edit: The only difference between now and the first time, is this time there were not attempted charges on my account. The first time there were 3 or 4 test charges on my bank account when it was suspended.

I have now also added the Bank information to have the payment drawn directly from the bank, in hopes this solves the issue with the credit card on the same account not working.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Account Suspended again for Billing information. Why now?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Blimpy Are we talking about the same site?

Please copy / paste here the suspension email received from Google this time.
Do not include any personal info (e.g. Email, CID...)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

No the ad that was running was a new site. It's just a site where people can use a tool online, has 2 adsense ad's on it. Nothing else other than what library the online tool uses.

I actually never got an email this time saying I was suspended. I just have the red bar that shows up at the top saying my account was suspended for billing information. This time it is not much like the fist time, no email, no attempts at charging the credit card. The one thing I find weird was the ad that was up for the last 2 days, only got impressions no clicks, so there was no bill to actually pay?

Might I be best off making a payment into the system? Like a prepay basically?

Thanks for you tireless help on the boards MosheTLV

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Blimpy 

Ok;  fill in and submit this form;

https://support.google.com/adwords/contact/pf_suspended

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
@MosheTLV
Thanks; Form has been submitted. Wish I knew what the actual issue is since I changed nothing in my billing information since the last time this issue hit with the card when I first opened the account. And why there is nothing on my Bank's end of them even attempting to make a charge against it.

I am hoping trying to add the Bank Account information will help solve this once and for all and it is a quick solution.

Will post back once I see what happens. Can you think of anything else I can do to either prevent this from happening again?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Blimpy ;

Another reason could be the new URL you are promoting.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
So does that mean any time I add a new site to promote my account will hit this same issue? Not sure I understand why the new URL would cause billing verification issues.

Thanks.

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Well here is the response I got from submitting that form. Which honestly makes no sense to me what so ever. As I do not see how I violated anything?

The only other accounts I have are an AdSense account that is showing ad's on the new URL I was trying to promote. I also have a Google Analytics account. I simply just do not get this. Nothing changed but the new URL I am promoting and like I was saying it is just an only tool, which compresses JavaScript files.

Dear Advertiser, Thank you for your email.

*** Please do not respond to this system-generated email. ***

While reviewing your account, we found violations of our AdWords policies in this or a related account. As a result, your account has unfortunately been suspended, and your ads will no longer run on Google.

For information on the terms associated with AdWords account use, please review our Terms and Conditions at: https://adwords.google.com/select/tsandcsfinder

If you believe that you meet all of our Terms and Conditions and want to make an appeal, fill out the following form: https://support.google.com/adwords/contact/pf_suspended

Please be aware that we can't process your request unless our Terms and Conditions are met.

We appreciate your cooperation.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
So can anyone help me with this? I do not get how it starts with a Billing information suspension. Then my new site which is a online JS tool is a violation of terms and conditions?

I just got all my ads for each domain I was going to run ads for finished, run the ad for the tool for a couple days and BAM. Now I cant use anything.

I also just verified my bank account so now it has my credit card on file and bank account info, though making my bank account as the primary, it says there is no backup method of payment even though my credit card is on there as well?

Is there anything I can do to solve this? I would be willing to fix anything that I am not getting about the new domain to solve the issue with terms, but I need to know what the issue even is with that. I am not trying to do anything against the terms, or even anything remotely fishy, I just want to run some ads for some basic sites and it just baffling to me I keep having these major issues.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
I got this email from Google now but no changes with the account. The red bar is still there.

Dear AdWords Advertiser,

Thank you for verifying your bank account. We'll automatically debit future
payments from this account. Your ads will start running shortly, if they
weren't already.

Thank you for advertising with Google AdWords.

Sincerely,
The Google AdWords Team

So what am I doing wrong? I just don't get it. I have also read the Terms and Conditions a bunch and see nothing that I am in violation of. So what is the actual issue?