AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Accidentally Charged

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So I am a novice Google Adwords user doing a school project, which consists of a website.  I was trying out using Google Adwords to promote the site, but accidentally launched it.  This caused about $250 in charges.  I didn't mean to do that, I was wondering how to go out getting a refund?

-Rob

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Accidentally Charged

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Rob,

Thank you for your post. For this type of billing issue, I recommend you contact our Adwords Support team as soon as possible. You can do this by clicking on the Contact Adwords option in the upper right corner of the menu bar.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Other solution if you dont want to continue with Google adword account you can just cancel the account and the Amount will be Refunded into your account.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Good Luck.   I had a similar situation where I thought I would "play around" with an ad because of a promotional code I received.   I had never launched the ad but I received an email from a collection agency stating it was their 2nd Request for payment today.  I never received any notification, at all, that I was incurring charges.  I did receive notification that the credit card on file had expired but I didn't think anything of it because I didn't have any ads.   The customer service representative I spoke with told me they wouldn't give me a credit because I activated the promotion for a legitimately run ad- which she says activated the ad anyway.  I guess with Google - there are no accidents allowed.  It is a shame.

Would love to know if you get your situation resolved,

Chris

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The same thing is happening to me! i tried to use the site, wasn't sure what i was doing and gave up now a month or so later I'm being told i owe money and never got any notification that i was going to get charged for anything.