AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

ADS WERE PAUSED GO BACK INTO ACCOUNT TO SEE THEY TURNED BACK ON WITH BILL OVER 1000

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

3 months ago I started up for adwords for a client. I spoke to an online rep I said we had a budget of 1500 dollars for the month and after that i wanted it shut off, he walked me through the process of creating the rule over the phone to shut off after 1500 was spent. The campaign ended after the money was spent.

2 months later ....This month i had a deposit for 500 into adwords for same client. I created a rule to stop it at 500, I logged mid august and made sure it had been paused at 500 spent, it had..then I went about my life. Look at my credit card bill today and adwords site, i have been charged an additional 500 and says on top of that i owe 560. The campaign had turned back on because of a rule the previous representative had set up months ago regardless of my new 500 rule. 

I cant believe that this could happen after a campaign was paused that it just turns back on. I called support and after a discussion guy laughed at me said the campaigns are user run I know Im the one that paused it at 500!!!

I also asked if I could unlink my card He said no you cant unlink a credit card from your account unless you put in a dummy credit card, and its true there really is no remove credit card button.

This seems more like a payment scam loophole im so confused and disappointed at this. I dont want to lose my partner relationship with google and move my clients to bing/other marketing mediums. But there is no way im paying these charges from what looks like a technical bug, 

my account number is <edited by a Community Manager as noted below> in case anyone can help

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Guidelines, in order to remove account specifics and/or personal contact information. This is done to protect account security and privacy.
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: ADS WERE PAUSED GO BACK INTO ACCOUNT TO SEE THEY TURNED BACK ON WITH BILL OVER 1000

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Andy B,

Sorry to hear of your situation. 

Did you try calling the Adwords support helpline and explain them in detail about the billing deduction as you mentioned? I am sure that once you explain them the situation, AdWords will look into it and provide you the proper resolution. 

I would give them a try, provide clear details and seek their assistance in understanding what happened and state that the client won't pay and you can't pay... and see what they offer. 

Kind Regards,

James

Re: ADS WERE PAUSED GO BACK INTO ACCOUNT TO SEE THEY TURNED BACK ON WITH BILL OVER 1000

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The problem lies with Google ... The OP has said they have already been charged and I bet you wont get any money back ... Google seem to take no responsibility for anything that happens and it will all be put back on to the end user under the terms and conditions to suit Google.

It will all be your fault somehow and nothing else will mater .

Good luck with that and I would definitely insert the incorrect Credit card details stopping them from taking any more money from your account. If that is not possible get a Visa/Master Debit Card and have no Funds Available on it .

I have just gone thru this with Google Adwords on a campaign that I did not start but once saved Automatically Starts. I feel completely ripped off by Google as they Automatically used my Credit Card Details From my Adwords Express Account which I gave them no authorisation to use, but apparently the accounts are linked and its in the TERMS & CONDITIONS.

So I had double billed from Adwords Express and Adwords and there is no differentiating the two on your bank statement as they just charged one amount on the some day so I had no idea that both account were running at the same time. The only reaseon I know now is because I canceld my Adwords Express Ad and have a Google Partner do a campaign for me but I was still getting billed by Google for my Automatically Started Adwords Campaign that you must pause even thou you did not START it .

NEVER NEVER NEVER Will google get my Credit Card Details ever again.. I will get a Debit Card that will have only the amount and if the funds are short the ad will stop running .