AdWords
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

A third party consultancy has taken money for Google ads and possibly just stolen it.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there, 

We have a business and were using a third party to manage our Ads. 

We can see no Ad hits at all through our Google Analytics dashboard, they're adamant that they have been running, but we've not seen any increase in emails or phone calls from our website.  

Can you help and tell us if ads for a specific business has been running? 

Warm Regards, 

Joel 

1 Expert replyverified_user

A third party consultancy has taken money for Google ads and possibly just stolen it.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Joel H,

To that end you would need account access and see the ad performance table for a particular period of time.

Best,

Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If we don't have this, how can we check the ads were actually running? They seem to have just taken the money. Is there any way to check? It has analytics setup and we can see no hits from ads.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

You should ask the company to provide a spreadsheet of all the keywords used, and search terms relating to any hits on the ad. Make sure you get a chart that shows every hit and impression per day starting from when you signed up with their services to the present date. You can always use Google’s tools or check yourself through the search engine if your ad is even running with those keywords.

This is just my opinion, but you should always manage marketing campaigns either internally, or where you have a shared login to view. It's your money being spent, and not knowing how much you're really spending on advertising can move your money into a black hole.

On my ads, I have three tools I use, the information from Google Ad words, Google Analytics, and I have an internal tool I programmed for tracking all hits, and activity on the pages which direct from clicks. I would suggest finding another company to manage your ads if there is no transparency.