AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

A question about funding an adwords account that I like an answer to

ims
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
ims
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello, how are you hope you are well today.

I have a question if you can answer it would be great.

I have a business partner who while back about 2 years ago was banned from adwords for one guideline about a domain that he was advertising year back. He no longer advertises his site but his account suspended because he was asked by adowrds to fix it but he couldn't because he no longer own the domain but adwords insisted that he fixes somehow, I hope you see the irony in such matter.

My concern is not that.

Since he is my business partner, I have my own business established and I would like to open my own adwords account under my business name. but since he is my business partner, I might sometime need to use his credit card to fund the account for advertising..

My question is this; if I use his credit card which was registered on file for his old account way back when it got suspended; would that create a flag for adwords into thinking that it is the same person trying to get back with adwords or would I be able to use his credit card sometimes to fund my adwords account with no problems.

Can you please give me an answer in regards to this ??

Thank you.

PS. I am not trying to find a loophole or get around the systme or anything like that. I am basically starting a fresh adwords account under my name and wondering if I set it to manual payments as the funding source, would I be able to sometimes use my card then my business partner's card to fund the account without it raising red flags with google thinking that a suspended user is trying to get back with adwords..

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: A question about funding an adwords account that I like an answer to

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Ims,

My understanding is that you own your own business that you'd like to advertise via AdWords. Nothing will prevent you from doing so.

>> I might sometime need to use his credit card <<

Please don't do that. First off, don't do that because no one is supposed to use a credit card he doesn't own. Second, don't do that due to the story you told us. In other respects the query is bordering sensitive security issues and I don't think any one will give you an authentic answer in an open forum. (That would educate guys who want to game the system.)

Best,

Lakatos

ims
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
ims
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the response. I apologize if it might sound like I am gaming the systems but that is not my intention whatsoever. My sole intention is to be able to run my advertising on adwords following all the rules an referring back to my story, the reason why i asked is because he is my business partner and we both fund the same advertising sources 50/50 so I was just curious if I can do such a thing..

Thanks for your hlpe though and I guess I will stick to using mine only.

Thanks.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Sounds greatSmiley Happy