AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

€750 costs at €1 daily budget

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I woke up this morning with €750 of adwords costs, but my campaigns are all on a day budget of €1, do I have to pay this, because I can't!
2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: €750 costs at €1 daily budget

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Bernhard,

The maximum AdWords will charge is 120% of your daily budget. The amount charged above that will be returned as 'over delivery credit'.

"Note that sometimes your daily costs might exceed the 120% cap. However, you'll still only be charged for the 20% over your daily budget. For example, if your daily budget is US$10, and you've accumulated US$15 in costs on a given day, you'll only be charged US$12 per day. The remaining $3 is returned to you as an overdelivery credit, which you can see in your transaction history."

Find more information here - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375423?hl=en

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Bernhard M,

I have read that this sort of overspending occurs in case of video ads, but as Deepak_V has mentioned , you will only be charged at most 1.2 USD (20% more than your daily budget) so have no worries, just look in your billing tab.

Is your campaign with video ads ?

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Hi Bernhard,

Deepak and Adrian are correct in their responses. I want to assure you that if your budget was indeed set to 1 Euro, you'll only be charged a maximum of that, plus a possible 20%.

As Adrian mentioned, this can often happen with Video campaigns, but you will not be charged that full amount.

Kathleen