AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

€750 costs at €1 daily budget

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I woke up this morning with €750 of adwords costs, but my campaigns are all on a day budget of €1, do I have to pay this, because I can't!
2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: €750 costs at €1 daily budget

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Bernhard,

The maximum AdWords will charge is 120% of your daily budget. The amount charged above that will be returned as 'over delivery credit'.

"Note that sometimes your daily costs might exceed the 120% cap. However, you'll still only be charged for the 20% over your daily budget. For example, if your daily budget is US$10, and you've accumulated US$15 in costs on a given day, you'll only be charged US$12 per day. The remaining $3 is returned to you as an overdelivery credit, which you can see in your transaction history."

Find more information here - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375423?hl=en

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Bernhard M,

I have read that this sort of overspending occurs in case of video ads, but as Deepak_V has mentioned , you will only be charged at most 1.2 USD (20% more than your daily budget) so have no worries, just look in your billing tab.

Is your campaign with video ads ?

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Hi Bernhard,

Deepak and Adrian are correct in their responses. I want to assure you that if your budget was indeed set to 1 Euro, you'll only be charged a maximum of that, plus a possible 20%.

As Adrian mentioned, this can often happen with Video campaigns, but you will not be charged that full amount.

Kathleen