AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

5 year anniversary on the 16th of April!!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, I've been trying to sort out a billing violation for 5 years. Serious. Here's the reference of the original correspondance: #233206575 (I presume these are kept on a system somewhere). 

I gave up for a couple of years, around 2010, but I've had enough now and want this sorted. I'm going to keep at it until the tenth anniversary! Smiley Tongue

I managed to get my account unsuspended in November last year. I started to advertise earlier this month, but have been suspended again. I've done more research and found the old accounts (related to the above reference) had old billing info in them which had "- DECLINED" in billing summary. I've updated them and had the accounts cancelled by Google. Would that solve the/a violation?

If not, can I have some kind of award for greatest commitment to over turning a ban? You've got to admire my will to "adword". New adjective BTW.  I shouldn't make light of this, in all honesty it's been a nightmare. Lost me business in the past and cost Google business as well.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: 5 year anniversary on the 16th of April!!

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Patrick, you have my unending respect for your perseverance Smiley Happy

What is it exactly you'd like from us?  If you've had the other Accounts updated, then cancelled, all you'd really need to do now is re-submit the (presumably one) remaining Account for review.  To do that you'll need to get in touch with Support through the channels I presume you're very familiar with.

Have I missed the point?  (It's entirely possible, I'm clearly distracted as I almost wrote "Have I missed the pint?").

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Jon!

Well, I chased on the other account and got the "we've re-reveiwed it, we're right, don't ever darken our door again" email. I hadn't sorted out the declined credit cards on the 4 accounts at that point. (I access them all through the defunct  MCC. I didn't know how to set up a campaign back in 2006. Serious.)  What I want to know is if that would be enough to get you banned? And if so can an unverified  billing violation ban be overturned if the billing is now verified. Can there be more to a billing violation? I imiagine they're about  non payment.  The 4 accounts did go unpaid initially, but if you review email thread referenced above you'll see I settled those debts in 2008. The 16th of April to be exact! 

Also, do they ever tell you it's a billing violation when it's something else? 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Patrick, there's a lot there I'd be skating on thin ice to answer with any surety.  I do believe that Billing suspensions can always be overturned with verified Billing info - but don't quote me on that.  

As for being told it's one thing when it's another.  It does depend on whether you have more than one "crime" in the mix.  If, say, you have the Billing suspension and a Policy breach of some kind, it might be that you'll get a message about the Billing problem and not the Policy breach.  Again, don't quote me on this.

It's worth coninuing to bang away at support.  At least until you're absolutely sure there's nothing more that can be done.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the encouragement Jon. I'll resubmit and see what happens then. All accounts have verified billing data in as well. I've cancelled all but one of the accounts now. The other is funded and has no ban. 

It's brilliant that there are real experts on here as well. I think my new found zeal is born of this site and the improved customer service I've received from the Google support team. They've really come on leaps and bounds over the last 2 years.

I'll mark this as solved if they come through after this trial. 

Thanks again,

Patrick

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi PatrickRoss;

To follow with Jon; I have the feeling that though you are focused on billing issues (that apparently have been sorted out, and the balance due was paid), the reason for suspension is your website.

Can you share your website URL?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Moshe, Thanks for joinging the thread. I haven't had a warning about the site at any point so I hadn't really considered it. But I was advertising to mobile devices happily. I'd had 1 click for the laptops/desktop campaign when I received the alert about the billing violation. 

Here's a link to a mobile landing page: 

http://www.comparelifepolicies.co.uk/friends-life-mobile/

And here's the homepage:

http://www.comparelifepolicies.co.uk/

Having read some of your other posts Moshe, a note that I'm an independent 3rd party and the financial information did not constitue legal advice needs adding along with contact details in the about us page. I could do with substatianting my claims with greater calrity as well. The site isn't that easy to navigate as I didn't want my competitors to know the terms I'm working on. i.e. there should be a section with the different insurers in the footer. 

I met the adwords adcopy criteria. Not using claims that I didn't state clearly on my site landing pages and such. I concentrated on the mobile pages initially and started on the homepage after that campaign had started. Adding the 2 images then. Would you consider them an infringement?

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

I don't see a privacy policy on the "regular" web page...

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I forgot about that. It's important as well. My attention to detail is a bit sloppy sometimes. I should have just copied it from my other (non adwords) site. Would duplicate content affect an adwords site? Is there anything else glaring that coutns as an infringement?

The form is a wp plugin that I built and I'm hoping to sell. This campaign was to test it. I'd be gutted if it was the reason I'd been banned for Google for good. I hope to build it up to be a CRO plugin and try and sell it to help people get more out of their adwords budget. It would be a good irony if it got me banned from adwords!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Also you used speech marks around regular. What do you mean by "regular"? Is it some kind of infringement you're hinting at? Your posts across this board are incredibly insightful and i'd be grateful for anything you could suggest. I'll improve the site accordingly.