AdWords
5.9K members online now
5.9K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

£5 budget......Charged £159.53??

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi.

I set up a campaign for a youtube video with a £5 budget. Didn’t want to spend too much as I am new to this. Checked the video about a day later and was delighted to see how many views it had generated. To ensure all was in order, I checked my adwords account and was horrified to see total costs standing at £159.53!!! I only wanted to spend a fiver! Panic! I cancelled my adwords account straight away. I do hope I don’t get charged the amount displayed. I can’t afford that! Why has this happened??

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Carl A
September 2015

Re: £5 budget......Charged £159.53??

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
As you've already noticed on this thread (https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Billing/Video-campaign-Daily-Budget-set-at-2-Total-cost-186/... you will not be charged more than your daily budget x 1.2 x number of days your ad has been running.

Please do not post several times regarding the same issue in the future, as it clutters the community unnecessarily.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Re: £5 budget......Charged £159.53??

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for getting back to me. I was worried no one would get back to me thats why i asked my own question. It wont happen in future. I feel reasured. If it indeed a mistake as you say i will proberly use adwords again. Thanks agsin.