AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

30x Daily Budget

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
So first Google Adwords took over two weeks to solve an issue with a keyword that wouldn't allow the campaign to go live, that gets fixed and I get offered £50 credit. OK fine I'll go ahead with a £10 daily budget.. Then in less than 24 hours I see my total cost has risen to over £300?!
Needless to say I will take this to the courts before I pay such a con!
2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: 30x Daily Budget

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Simon F;

Ohhh....

Are you sure that you did not miss the decimal point (when setting a daily budget)?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Nope, definitely 10.00 as I'd copied my previous ad campaign from a year ago which did not run so ridiculously over budget.
Out of interest, is the Total Cost a projected cost as to what it will be after a month at the daily budget? That would make more sense than going over budget by 30x but then I've seen a lot of complaints about Google Adwords overcharging by insane amounts.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

The daily budget can   can exceed l 20% - in your case £12 (to compensate  for days with low spend). 

The total monthly budget is limited to 30.4*daily budget  - in your case £304.

There is some adjustment  to calculate "relative budget", in case of   daily budget changes during the month. But from your post, I understand that we are far  over the tolerance allowed....

I will escalate the case to Google asking them to recheck;

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you, I have put the Campaign on Pause at the moment.
I still don't see why we have the option of a Daily Budget when Google are just going to go over it by up to 20%...every other company that uses ad campaigns, if you set a daily budget they will stick to that amount.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

The monthly budget is limited to the daily budget multiplied by 30.4.  (The average number of days in a month).

Google allows the daily budget to exceed by 20% to compensate if there were days with low performances (low spend) during the month (e.g. Weekends).

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Community Manager
# 7
Community Manager
Hi Simon,
Was this perhaps an AdWords for Video campaign? Video campaigns have very high CTRs / View Rates which can result in campaigns with smaller budgets over-delivering before the system can make adjustments. Rest assured that you will never pay more than 120% of your daily budget. Review the Billing Summary for the total cost that you will incur that day.

I can see that a representative of the AdWords team has been in touch with you about this issue. Let me know if this is not the case, and if you need anything further.

Kathleen

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

At Least you got a a reply from google. i am now six weeks in over £400.00 out of pocket due to people who work at capita, saying they work for google ads. They talk to you like rubbish and do not help you. this new delay tick is they want me to supply web logs for my site of the paid click they have meant to have sent to the web site. surely this should be the other way around.

Google i except a response and have question this in a few place now

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have found myself in a similar position. I set up a budget of 10 quid/day and got a bill of 290 quid within a week. I contacted Google for an explanation and I was told that their system had automatically created 3 more adverts (duplicates of the original). They agreed to pay back and i thought that was the end of the problem. A week later the same problem resurfaced and this time Google refused to refund me, not to mention the lost of business over a combined 6 days of "sorting" out the problem. In the end, I completely closed the account and opened another one. I am waiting to see what happens over the next couple of weeks!
Seeing this. I just wonder how many people have lost money this way and worse, can i really trust the bill I am getting from Google!!