AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

$14K in charges reversed by Client's former colleague...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have proof that the ex-colleague authorized the charges but can't get it to Google.

Background:

A former colleague of my client authorized me to set his card to the primary method of payment on the account. He paid $14K over 3 months (on 2 cards nonetheless), quit, and then challenged all of the charges. My client paid the $14K immediately to Google, as this is his only avenue for marketing/advertising. I've used the stupid, Google "Contact AdWords" button 3 times since this began in Mid-March and gotten different versions of the same email which basically says, there's an issue with the account, it's in priority status, and will be dealt with promptly.

Twice (after pointing out that the discrepancies have been repaid) they've turned my account back on. Then, between April 11th-18th, a breakthrough...all reversed charges were cancelled and our account was credited with $14K. On the 19th, the cancelled reversed charges were challenged again and VISA began reversing them again. Our Ads went down again, so I wrote my third "contact AdWords" email, and got pretty much the same response as the previous 2. I sent back an assertive response to have someone contact me about this money, as it is accounted for in Google's system since my client paid Google for the reversed charges back in March.

I got an automated response saying someone would contact me within 24-48 hours...that was 58 hours ago. I'm at my wits end on this one, since the client does not spend over the required amount per month, and he is our only adwords client, my hands are tied. I wrote a complaint about the quality of the service I've received as well, hoping that would generate some contact, up until now, it hasn't...

What can I do?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Craig M
September 2015

Re: $14K in charges reversed by Client's former colleague...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Solved!!!

I'm not sure how long this has been there, but I'm not used to Google being inconsistent. I naturally have always clicked the link on the left hand side of the page to get to the help center. At the help center there's not mention of a "chat" feature in AdWords. When I clicked the Help on the top right corner the bubble below popped up, I started a chat, and all of my answers were diligently answered, with competence, kindness, and helpfulness. My opinion of Google  is back where it should be!!! Thanks for the chat feature!!!

solved.PNG

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;
I understand your frustrationץ However, billing /payment issues are account specifics. Since we do not have access to the account we cannot help with that.

Please contact your local Google customer service. (See contact details below):
http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=8206

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Echoing what Moshe has mentioned, I'd recommend speaking to them over the phone. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I've already submitted 4 forms, when I call the number, I end up with "You are not eligible for phone support ... please visit" the page you linked to. So the phone sends me there,
any email I get from Google sends me there, and you send me there. Thanks, but no thanks. I'm sick of that form, the same emails, the same sh*t, different day.

I'm not insane, so I won't keep doing the same thing over and over again like Google wants me to. This is affecting multiple families, the clients' entire business, and my health. You would Think $150K spent would get a phone call...think again, shame on you Google.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Craig M
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Solved!!!

I'm not sure how long this has been there, but I'm not used to Google being inconsistent. I naturally have always clicked the link on the left hand side of the page to get to the help center. At the help center there's not mention of a "chat" feature in AdWords. When I clicked the Help on the top right corner the bubble below popped up, I started a chat, and all of my answers were diligently answered, with competence, kindness, and helpfulness. My opinion of Google  is back where it should be!!! Thanks for the chat feature!!!

solved.PNG