AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

$100 offer from Google

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I recieved a $100 adwords offer from Google and I cant find the answer anywhere for my question.  Can I use this promotion and create an ad to draw traffic to my freelance services without putting in my credit card information.

I would like to use the $100 and see if adwords helps and when the $100 is spent, just stop the ad.

Thanks for any help.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: $100 offer from Google

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey kevincawleyjr,

Even if you choose to put your credit card information in the system - you can still pause your campaign once you finish the 100$ of the coupon...

Cheers,

Asaf

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hey Kevin,

No. You cannot start an account without entering your credit card detials. Google needs this entered just for safety.

They will not charge your card for the adspend if you enter the coupon code. The initial spends will be off the coupon credit after which your credit card will start getting charged.

Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Kevincawleyjr

The answer is "yes"...

You can setup an account without adding any form of payment (credit card info). There is one condition though,you have to choose "manual payment" as your payment settings which should not be an issue for you. You can switch back to "automatic payment" if you want to continue with adwords later..

In most cases you need not make a payment to use the credit from your promo code and this should be the case with your account as well. The promo code comes with terms and conditions so go through them carefully.

If you don't seem to find this clause,go ahead and setup an account,choose manual payment and enter the promo code..All should work fine.

Here is a link from the google adwords help section which describes the same scenario.