AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

writting ad text

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have started to use google adwords a week ago and created few campaign. My question is related to writting ads. Always when I type some text as a headline and then text lines, some text or some words jump from text line to the headline..according to what  does google match the phrases from text lines to headlines and from 1. text line to 2.text line? It takes me really long to create something and at the end I just copy the previous ad just changing the keywords list and URL.

Thank you very much

Martina

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: writting ad text

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Martina,

It's not your fault here. It is the way how text ads would be shown depending upon how you end the first line of description i.e. with punctuation or without punctuation. If you happen to close the first line with a full stop, it is appended along with your ad title. And if you don't use any full stop, your first and second lines of description are merged.

Also Google keeps on testing the way an ad is shown to the consumer depending upon various metrics like CTR.

I hope this helps!

Pankaj