3.9K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

why my daily budget limit exceeds the cost for that particular keyword

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

why my daily budget limit exceeds the cost for that particular keyword.

i have given 15 AED per day

I have give Max CPC is 4 AED but the keyword avg CPC is 4.43 AED, i got 4 clicks and 193 Impr.

Total it costs 17.72 AED which exceeds my daily budget.

This is so hectic for me. How can i make it stop when it serves the daily budget 15 AED?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
June 2016

Re: why my daily budget limit exceeds the cost for that particular keyword

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Thahser,

As for the daily budget, an overdelivery of 20% is allowed by T&C per day. Your 30 day cost, however, will never exceed your budget multiplied by 30.4.

As for the actual CPC, you should select Manual CPC as your "Bidding Strategy" setting and never apply bid adjustments if you'd like the system to stick to the value you keyed in.

Best,
Lakatos

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
June 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Thahser,

As for the daily budget, an overdelivery of 20% is allowed by T&C per day. Your 30 day cost, however, will never exceed your budget multiplied by 30.4.

As for the actual CPC, you should select Manual CPC as your "Bidding Strategy" setting and never apply bid adjustments if you'd like the system to stick to the value you keyed in.

Best,
Lakatos

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Thahseer,

As per the google policy daily cost might be up to 20% more than your average daily budget. Please visit link https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375423?hl=en for more details.

If you want to limit your budget to AED 15. You can set daily budget as AED 13 so that it will be maximise up to AED 15.

Regards,

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>
Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per our Community Guidelines, in order to remove a promotional link in your signature. Thank you for your understanding.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
even though if it exceeds the Daily Budget Limit with 20%, will the keyword visiblity is stopped or it will continue on the same day?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Thahseer

You ads will be visible up to your budget will be executed. If you want to run your ad evenly over time, Please don't forget to "Delivery method" as "Standard".

Please feel free to revert, if you still have any queries or comments..

Regards,

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>
Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per our Community Guidelines, in order to remove a promotional link in your signature. Thank you for your understanding.

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
Hi,

The limit(+20%) will not be crossed on the daily basis, the system analyse the keywords history and exceed the budget for those if there is likelihood to get conversions from those keywords for any particular day.
So after the budget depletion, the system works for those keywords which are expected to yield conversions.

It can not be said that visibility is stopped but yes it will be limited.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

crossing my daily budget

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

i was taken more than my daily budget limit.

I have given 10 AED for a keyword. when it comes it was taken 15.63 AED.

4 Clicks and 16 Impr., Avg CPC was 3.91

How it may cross my daily budget?

Re: crossing my daily budget

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star
Hi,

There is a huge different between overcharged in terms of budget and overcharged in term of keyword bid.

When your ads are shown more often, your total daily cost might be up to 20% more than your average daily budget. However, you won't be charged more than your average daily budget multiplied by the average number of days in a month (30.4).
reference: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375423?hl=en

But when you are overcharged for a particular keyword than the maximum CPC bid then it must be due to any strategy opted by you.
It may be automatic(enhanced bidding), flexible bidding, bid adjustments(location, device, ad-scheduling).

Regards
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
i want to make it charged totally only on my daily budget limit, nothing more. How can make it in the right way.
i am suppose to give a daily budget of 10 AED for a Keyword. i want to make it fall on my limit. what should i do to do so.?

Rising Star
# 10
Rising Star
You can not assign daily budget at keyword level, it can be set only at campaign level(having a lot of keywords within different adgroups)
You can only set maximum CPC bid at keyword level for a single click not for the entire day.

The only way to do this is 1 keyword per campaign which will increase your efforts if there are lot of adgroups and keywords per adgroup.

Regards