AdWords
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

why keyword planner shows different results about the same word?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I searched for the word: wedding dress and got two different results. wonder what is the difference between them.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: why keyword planner shows different results about the same word?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Linfeng,

Do you know whether the location was changed between the two different instances?

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
hi thanks for the reply, i don't think the location was changed

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Linfeng,

I only see differences between bar charts. Teh first one shows searches for your keyword and sugestions. The second one shows searches only for your keyword.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Linfeng,

Welcome to Adwords Community Smiley Happy

Pawal P is right. There is only diffrences between search volume trends and avg. monthly searches.

Search Volume Trends is showing total searches of your keywords and suggested list. According to Google - "When you search for keyword and ad group ideas, or choose to get historical statistics like search volume for a list of keywords, you'll see a table with historical statistics. It's important to bear in mind that all of these statistics are specific to the location, date range and Search Network targeting settings that you select from the "Targeting" panel."

Avereage Monthly Search shows average no of time people have searched for the particular keywords. According to Google - "The average number of times that people have searched for the exact keyword based on the location and Search Network targeting that you've selected. We average the number of searches for the term over a 12-month period."

To know more you can visit here - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3022575?hl=en-GB

Hope this help.

Thanks,
Kaushik