2.9K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

why has my CTR dropped and acutally never moved since i started adword

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Since i started an adword campaign with google my CTR graph on Webmaster traffic has never moved off the bottom even though i am getting more traffic and my pages have climbed up consistently the CTR stays on the bottom , before i started google adwords my CTR kept pace with the searches Blue line on the graph , can some tell me whats happening

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: why has my CTR dropped and acutally never moved since i started ad

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Dave and welcome to the Community.  I have to say I'm not entirely sure of the question you're asking.  If nothing else has changed, there's not really any reason why CTR - Click Through Rate - should change over time.

CTR is the ratio of clicks to impressions, so if you have 100 impressions - your Ad is shown 100 times - and it is clicked 10 times, that's a CTR of 10%.  Unless you're doing something to change the CTR (such as Ad changes to improve it, adding negative Keywords to remove irrelevant searches, etc.) CTR tends to remain roughly constant for any established Campaign/Group.

Have I missed the point of your question - you mentioned "Webmaster" - are you viewing these stats in your Webmaster Tools panel?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Re: why has my CTR dropped and acutally never moved since i started ad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

well thats precisly the question , my ratings are going up for my pages, my hit rate on AWstats has gone up , But my CTR chart on webmasters Traffic never moves and stays on the bottom , it used to track the impressions blue chart line . And this has only been since i did the ADWORD