AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

why google is charging more than my max cpc?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Why Google is charging more than my max cpc?

my ad group default bid price is ₹1 and my Max cpc for keywords is ₹5 but for me it is charging more than max cpc. Am not even running ECPC, I do bidding Manually, Even though it is charging more.

please help me out of it.

Thank you

Suma.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: why google is charging more than my max cpc?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi There,

This will happen normally for enhanced campaigns, check your budget strategies in settings you might accidentally opted for it.

I hope you know this, if you set ad group max CPC Rs. 1 and Keyword Max CPC Rs. 5, In Bidding process it will first consider keyword level Max. CPC.

Otherwise below are the chances you might pay more than Max CPC.

You might set an bid adjustment for Devices or location or ad scheduling.

You might opt for conversion optimizer or ROI method.

Sometimes if you did not opt for ECPC also you might charge more than Max. CPC because it would be most relevant or most convertible click, most of the times it is negligible.

If this CPC is really affecting your account please contact Adwords team immediately for quick fix, coz they have access to your account you might get an exact answer from them.

Here is the link. https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/8206?hl=en

I hope this helps to you, let me know if you need more details about it.

Thanks,
Aravindhu

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

Hi Manepalli
It sounds like you bidding extra on Devices, I would check on that first. To do that click on "Settings" then "Devices". Check to see what your bid increase for "Mobile devices with full browsers" is set to. Google will add that % onto your Max. CPC.

settings and devices.png

Hope that helped. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
No, I know all this. I have checked every part which leads to take high price . I din't opted for any option which you all discussed.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Manepalli S

I hope every thing fine with your account, wait for 24 hours to get exact statistical data, if its a recent observation.

kindly contact the Adwords support and let them know about this issue, they prevent the issue in future,

Other wise we will wait here for more suggestions from community members.

Thanks,

Aravindhu

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
I don't think you will be charged beyond your max. cpc until unless you have opted for any flexible bidding strategy, bid adjustments.
Another thing is you see the average CPC in the statistics which the total cost to the no. of click. so there might be one more reason that is if you the changed your max cpc recently.
suppose you are accessing last 3 days statistics, 2 day back your max. cpc was 6 and now you reduced it to 4, then your avg cpc will be more than your current max cpc.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’