1.8K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

why can't I get to the keyword planner?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm trying to use the Keyword Planner.  I log into Adwords with my new Adwords account and it Redirects me to a  page where I have to specify Location, my ad Budget, and wants me to write an Ad!!  How could I write an ad when I haven't had a chance to see the keyword planner??   This just keeps happening no matter what I do.  I never get to a place where there is a Tools Menu from which I could select keyword planner like they say in all the tutorials,  It jumps directly to the form that wants me to write an ad.   Why can't I get to a page where I can use the keyword planner??  Nothing seems to work. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: why can't I get to the keyword planner?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
I just created two new accounts (one regular and one adwords express) in my MCC to try to replicate your issue.

I am having no problem accessing the Tools tab on your top right and clicking on keyword planner. I even started creating a campaign and arrived at the ad creation page and had no problem navigating to the Tools tab and keyword planner.

My only guess is that you are in Adwords Express, in which case you don't really pick out keywords, but tell Google what product you are selling and it gives you a few targets to check off and the rest is just ad creation.

Re: why can't I get to the keyword planner?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
You must have an active campaign for using the tool.
Active means: a campaign fully set up, but not necessarily running.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’