AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

why am i getting no impressions when it says my ad is showing?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've set up a small campaign with the help of a Google employee.  I am getting no clicks or impressions at all although when I test the keywords, it says that my ads are showing.  What am I doing wrong?

Thank you,

Donna Cluny

One keyword is ruby necklace.

Re: why am i getting no impressions when it says my ad is showing?

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Donna,

How long has the account been running? Just a few hours or a day or two?

Are the campaigns in Search, Search and Display, or Just Display

When you test your ads, Where do they show up? Top 3 spots, Side bar 4-9 or On the second page?

What is your Target settings, are you geo-targeting a small area?

Run a Keyword Diagnostics Report. https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2453974?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have run the keyword diagnostics report. It either says that my ads are showing, but my stats still say 0 impressions and 0 clicks. I am targeting the USA, campaign in Search only, and when I test the ads they show up on the sidebar.
Now they are saying "Budget limited or exhausted" beside the keywords although I can't see how that could be true since I have had no clicks or impressions. I am so confused and I don't know what to do.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Donna Cluny G
September 2015

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner
Donna,

Sorry you are having issues. Can you tell me what your daily budget is listed for your main campaign, and the average Bid you have placed on your keywords?

There are times that Adwords does have a time lag in reporting it's stats. I do see that at times.

With ads in the side bar, you have a moderate bid price. so you should be getting impressions. As far as clicks, the sidebar or lower you are in the listing, can effect if you get clicks or not.

With the account now saying Limited Budget, I would say either, you set a budget set so low and have Bids higher then the actual total budget ( which I doubt) ie Budget $10 a day, keyword bids $11,

OR,

There is a delay in reporting. Normally it's just a few hours. Do you have Analytics synced into your account? Analytics usually reports way faster then Adwords. If you have them synced, look at Analytics. I review all my accounts and make decisions from the Anlytics side of the picture.

If it doesn't clear up, call adword help desk tomorrow.
Call us at: 866-246-6453
Monday - Friday: 9 am - 8 pm EDT
Worldwide phone support

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Maybe it is just the delay. My keywords are under 3.00 and my per diem is about $7 I believe. Thanks for your help. I'll get back on the phone tomorrow.

Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner
Definitely call tomorrow, but

Under 3 and Budget of 7 could be a little tight for the automated system. See if you can widen that margin a bit, The system estimates how much traffic to send based on bids and budgets. It tries to get you just enough to come in at your budget from it's estimates.

With an allowance of only potentially 2.75 clicks your account is really throttled right from the start, especially a brand new account. You may be stuck in that estimation and continue to see the Budget Limited that keeps the account from displaying your ads. Up your budget to 10 for a day or two.

Were you able to sign up with a Google coupon where you get X when you spend Y? if so up your Budget for a few days.