AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

why adwords conversion always delay

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi everyone,

I use adwords and analytics. Also google zoho to check our leads. when we got a lead,  adwords always show nothing.

What should I do? install adwords convertion tracking code? Or just Google analytics.

Thanks.

Re: why adwords conversion always delay

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Ellen,

First thing it to make sure you have everything set up correctly, If you are using analytics then those conversion events need to be pulled into adwords ( and the GA account associated with Adwords, and Adwords associated with the GA account.)

You can add the Google Adwords scripts to the final pages of what you consider a conversion and those should fire and count correctly.

So I suggest that you check to make sure your setups are correct first, then then by all means add the Adwords Conversion scripts.

Personally I find the GA side of things much better and reporting of those events is closer to real time (3-4 hours) with much more data to make informed decisions.

The choices are up to you, and if you are a lead generation or a E-commece site then that plays a role as well ( GA does a better Ecommerce conversion then Adwords)

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Eric,

Thank you. I'm sure that my adwords account link to the analytics account. I'm not sure what the meaning of se up everything correctly?

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

There are a bunch of setting you need to make sure you have done correctly.

Start at TOOLS > Conversions from inside your adwords account

In the conversions tab under Tools, you have to set the Google Analytics Goals or Ecommerce transactions

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375435?hl=en&authuser=0

Instructions for importing Analytics goals and transactions into AdWords
After you've linked your accounts, wait 30 minutes for the imports to be ready. Then, sign in to your AdWords account, click the Tools tab, and select Conversions.
Click Google Analytics in the left-hand menu.
Check the boxes next to the goals or transactions you want to import. Click Continue.
On the next page, you'll see settings that will apply to all of the goals or transactions you selected. Make your choices, then click Import goals.
Click Close, or to import more goals, click Import more.
AdWords will begin importing the data from your Analytics account. Historical data from before the import won't be included.

IS Auto-tagging turned on
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1752125

Link Google Analytics and AdWords
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704341

As well as Link Adwords to Analytics

Link AdWords and Google Analytics
The linking wizard makes it easy to link your AdWords account(s) to multiple views of your Analytics property. If you have multiple Analytics properties and want to link each of them to your AdWords account(s), just complete the linking wizard for each property.

Sign in to your AdWords account at https://adwords.google.com.

Click the Tools tab, then select Google Analytics. Analytics will open in a new window.

You can also start this process from within your Analytics account by starting at step 3 below.

Google Analytics
Click the Admin tab at the top of the page.
screenshot of admin user interface navigation
In the "Account" column, select the Analytics account that contains the property you want to link with one or more of your AdWords accounts.

In the “Property” column, select the Analytics property you want to link, and click AdWords Linking.
Select the checkbox next to any AdWords accounts you want to link with your Analytics property. If you have a My Client Center (MCC) account, expand the MCC account by clicking the arrow next to it, and then select the checkbox next to each of the managed AdWords accounts you want to link.

Click the Continue button.

In the “Link configuration” section, enter a title to identify your group of linked AdWords accounts.
Note: Most users will only need one link group. We recommend creating multiple link groups only if you have multiple AdWords accounts and want data to flow in different ways between these accounts and your Analytics property. For example, you should create multiple link groups if you need to:

Link different AdWords accounts to different views of the same Analytics property

Enable auto-tagging for only some of your AdWords accounts

Select the Analytics views in which you want the AdWords data to be available.
screenshot of selecting Analytics views

If you've already enabled auto-tagging in your AdWords account, skip to the next step.
The account linking process will enable auto-tagging for all of your linked AdWords accounts. Click Advanced settings only if you need to manually tag your AdWords links.

Click the Link accounts button.

Congratulations! Your accounts are now linked. If you opted to keep auto-tagging turned on (recommended), Analytics will start automatically associating your AdWords data with customer clicks.

Note
When you link an AdWords account to an Analytics view, anyone with access to that view will be able to see your imported AdWords data. Likewise, if you choose to import Analytics data (such as goals and transactions, metrics, or remarketing lists) into your AdWords account, anyone with access to that AdWords account will be able to see your imported Analytics data.

Once Analytics data (for example, goals) has been imported to AdWords, it is subject to the AdWords terms of service.

You also have to set what you are considering conversions metrics as well under "SETTINGS"

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Ellen,

Exactly as Eric stated, IF you have Adwords and Analytics linked, Adwords will take about 2 days to receive the goal information from Analytics. You'll always see the last 2 days (current day and one day before that) with 0 conversion.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click