AdWords
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

why Google do not show ads on google.com(home url).

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Re: why Google do not show ads on google.com(home url).

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Vikas,

Can you clarify your question?

Are you wanting to serve ads on your site? Or are you wondering why ads don't appear for a certain query?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Mam,

Actually i want to know that, why google do not show ads on google.com main page. Because Every one uses google.com to search anything. If google shows ads on google.com home page then google generate more revenue from high value ads from rich companies. So tell me why google.com do not show ads on his own home url.

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni
Hi Vikas,

I don't work at Google but can give you my opinion on it (i think i'll be pretty close to the mark).

Google focus on the user and want to make sure they serve you the results you are looking for, when you want them.

It would be a bad user experience for people to see ads before doing their searches and they wouldn't be relevant enough in Google's eyes.

Bad for users = bad for Google

Just my 2 cents

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Why does Google not answer the question and says they want you to always CLARIFY WHAT YOU WANT THEM TO ANSWER THE QUESTION AS IT IS PUT TO THEM ! ! ! This is what businesses call"DOUBLE SPEAK" I JUST GOT OFF THE PJONE From a CSR for an hour and a half and my question was never resolved HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT ! !

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, You are right!

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Are you upset because you cannot see more ads on the home page before conducting a search ?

How long do you stay in front of a blank page before typing a search ? 

Google does advertise on the home page : noble non-profitable advertising through doodlers about  "holidays, anniversaries, and the lives of famous artists, pioneers, and scientists " 

There is also a "Doodle store" link here on the left-upper side if you want them imprinted on a T-shirt :

http://www.google.com/doodles/about

Are you an artist who wants to send a Doodle art-work to be portrait on the home page ?